Encoder Video

JeKEttv

Hi, im new in the streaming community, and i watched a lot of video talking about the best encoder or the bitrate for the live, and i followed the instruction, but the live has like a 144p resolution like if i see all the pixels, so i went to look for better settings and i saw that the best encoder for AMD is the h.265 but i dont have that option in obs, i only have x264 or h.264 (i have a r5 7600x and a rx 7800 xt and 87mb in upload) anyone can help me? i dont know what to do for have a good quality stream.
Thanks

PaiSand

Run the Auto-configuration Wizard (tools menu) selecting what is your main purpose (streaming or recording), setting the resolution the same as your main display, 60fps and hardware encoder. Apply the setting it gives. Do NOT change anything.
Restart OBS.
Perform a test of at least 30 seconds doing as you normally do, including playing games, full camera or whatever you normally do.
Now look inside Help menu. Upload the current log file and paste the url to the log in here. Click on the Analize button to start troubleshooting common issues.

In order to use the H265 encoder for streaming you need to select a streaming service that supports H265
The same with AV1