Encoder overload NVENC (new) while recording

ChaseMedia

Hi there,

I have a PC that should be more than capable of playing & recording and for some reason I get encoder overload whilst recording resulting in 1-2 second freezes in my recordings.

I have troubleshooted a few fixes listed in this forum and still cannot understand why it is overloading.

My Specs:
CPU - i9 10900k
GPU - GTX 3080
32gb Ram

I have attached the log for my last recording and hope someone can help with an idea of how I can improve the performance?

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Attachments

• 2022-06-16 13-03-57.txt
    18.6 KB · Views: 20

rockbottom

With the exception of the refresh rate of 1 monitor (165FPS), your log looks OK. Have you always lagged frames with these settings or is it just starting? How full is your D drive?

ChaseMedia

With the exception of the refresh rate of 1 monitor (165FPS), your log looks OK. Have you always lagged frames with these settings or is it just starting? How full is your D drive?
Yeah I've had the overload for a while now.

D drive is around half full, plenty of space for the recordings to go. My D drive is just a standard internal HDD I have to capture recordings before I transfer to my 12tb external disk.

AidenDavis

These tips may help you, bro.
1. Reduce the output resolution
2. Lower frame rate
3. Change the encoder preset
4. Try hardware encoding
5. Check the recording sources
6. Close additional programs in the background
7. Upgrade your hardware
8. Use an Alternative Recorder
Detailed guide: How to Fix OBS Encoding Overloaded Issue

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
As an FYI, the next OBS release should improve performance when recording to a slower drive.