Encoder Error while Streaming

TerrifiedPrinny

This past week, I've been encountering issues where my screen would black out during streaming and OBS would stop streaming and display the error message "Encoder Error while streaming" I've uploaded the logs and the aforementioned issue happens during 13:44:15.604 in the log file.

I have a sneaking suspicion its probably my GPU failing randomly during stream, but maybe you guys can help me out in depth. Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• 2021-01-17 09-16-55.txt
    820.6 KB · Views: 74

BluePeer

looks like some of your inputs crash and send invalid data to the encoder that crashs too
and if i see it correct the hole GPU crash in that process (windows GPU driver reset?)

13:44:11.785: [DroidCamOBS] connect timeout/failed: No error
13:44:15.604: [jim-nvenc] nvenc_encode_tex: nv.nvEncMapInputResource(enc->session, &map) failed: 8 (NV_ENC_ERR_INVALID_PARAM)
13:44:15.604: Error encoding with encoder 'streaming_h264'
13:44:15.604: Video stopped,
13:44:15.617: device_vertexbuffer_create (D3D11): Failed to create buffer (887A0005)
13:44:15.617: Device Removed Reason: 887A0006
13:44:15.617: device_draw (D3D11): No vertex buffer specified
13:44:15.617: device_vertexbuffer_create (D3D11): Failed to create buffer (887A0005)
13:44:15.617: Device Removed Reason: 887A0006

TerrifiedPrinny

Thanks for replying so quickly blue. So, what i'm getting at from your reply and looking through other posts is that for some reason my GPU failed, either HW issue or a driver issue. I'm not quite sure whats happened as this is a recent development (Upgraded to 3080 last December) and have only encountered these issues starting last week. Maybe its Nvidia's newest Drivers, currently on 461.09 (released Jan 7th 2021).

If anyone has any other insight, I'd be grateful, otherwise I'll just have to wait for either a new driver release, or a hotfix! Again, thanks in advance :)

BluePeer

no thats not what i write
i write that some of your sources (video cam game idk) crashs reason unknow
idk if you disablet it or it crash idk
13:44:11.785: [DroidCamOBS] connect timeout/failed: No error
this message comes multipletimes for a long time
and then in nearly identical time the encoder say goodbye include a "video/image" grab
it can be the game? the cam? other?

what first if Windows reset the driver and restart the GPU and then all crashs or some game crash and then WIndows restart the GPU
thats something you need to ask the windows event manager

but some where is a reason (unknow currently) that results in a reset

BluePeer

its a issue related to the RTX+ cards gaining
there is a huge new amount of crash potential in the raytracing
wrong handle in games and application that using this new features result often in a Hard crash/reset of the gpu
new low tested features

BluePeer

no? i said that can one of the potential reasons
you need to find out whats going wrong and fix that.
if this is a driver reset you can find why in the windows event log

TerrifiedPrinny

Ah sorry to cut my response short Blue, I did check event manager during the times when OBS crashed, and found out that the Nvidia Drivers were crashing.

"Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered" was listed under the event, so in addition to disabling the droidcam plugin, I've also cleanly removed the current Nvidia drivers (461.09) using DDU and rolled back to the previous Driver update (460.89).

I haven't been able to test whether these changes will fix my issues but as soon as I've conducted a full stream I will post an update! Thanks for your help Blue you've been very helpful :)