Elgato HD - Jitters/Lags - Seemingly a Windows 10 Issue

timeforpunch

So, I've had my Elgato HD set up for a little while, but I haven't really bothered with trying to use it. Until recently, I gave it a go and found out that the footage I record now stutters every couple of seconds. It'll run fine for a few seconds, have a small delay/jitter, carry on and then repeat. This happens both in OBS and the Elgato capture software.

I've looked all over the internet and have yet to come across anyone with the same issue as myself; unless I'm looking in the wrong spots. Every time I try to implement "Elgato fixes", they're catered for a low end PC or laptop which is normally the issue. My PC has 16gb of Ram, a GTX 970, Ryzen 5 3,600, along with an OS SSD, so the issue isn't with my hardware.

After doing some testing on an old laptop of mine that runs Windows 7, it doesn't have the strange jitter effect that I'm experiencing, so it isn't the Elgato itself. The laptop, however struggles to record on the Elgato anyway, but that one is clearly down to my old, outdated laptop.

So, my question is, does anyone have any clues on how I might be able to fix it? If I'm not making myself clear, I can always post a link to a recording attempt so there's an idea of what's going on.

Thanks for the help!

qhobbes