Bug Report Duplicating Group does not do a deep copy - objects within copied group are not duplicated but referenced

PeiPei

What happens?
Copy Group >>> Paste (Duplicate) >>> change element in group >>> element in original group changes as well

I guess duplicating a group in OBS does copy the group object itself - but the elements within are still referencing their original objects and therefore the duplicate-feature for groups is more or less useless. As there is no possibility to copy several objects at once this does affect my workflow a lot.

Please please do deep copies!

PeiPei

Same with duplicating scenes.

This actually might be a feature that can be useful sometimes. But as a user when I duplicate something I actually expect a deep copy.

Suslik V

It is from development, design flaw. The sources has unique names across the scenes. So, if source copied and has same name - it is same source (reference). OBS has number of functions across the code just to give unique names to sources, files, scene collections etc. So, it is hard to make it all unified - wait for few years and feature will be added, I think.

PeiPei

thank you for your quick reply!

you know...waiting a few years until ctrl + z or proper duplicates are done is not really my style :P
Maybe I can script something to help me out and copy each item or whatever... I have a ton of items to be duplicated though >.<