DOOM (2016) no longer captured in OBS on any NVIDIA driver above 522.25

Daravae

Logs: https://obsproject.com/logs/5aQtgt-sLsTJC6CI

Hello,

Me and a few others from the DOOM community have encountered a problem with DOOM (2016) no longer being captured in OBS on any NVIDIA driver above 522.25.

For example, I'm currently on NVIDIA driver 527.56 (but note again: any driver above 522.25 doesn't work) and I am unable to capture DOOM (2016) (running on Vulkan) in OBS. Neither Game Capture nor Window Capture works.

Interestingly enough, capturing other Vulkan based games (such as DOOM Eternal) works.

So far, specifically DOOM (2016) on Vulkan doesn't seem to be captured.
We have contacted NVIDIA but they refer to OBS for this problem:
image.png

- When rolling back to driver 522.25, DOOM (2016) is being captured just fine in OBS again.
- No older or newer version of OBS works. (Tried in several versions below OBS 28.1.2 and the new OBS Beta 29.0.0)
- Capturing DOOM (2016) in OpenGL does work. Also see below screenshots.

Vulkan
Vulkan.JPG

Open GL 4.5
OpenGL.JPG

Kindly assist. It seems to be somehow related to some kind of Vulkan capturing in combination with DOOM (2016).
As I mentioned, multiple users experience this issue. I will ask them to reply to this forum thread to confirm. Logs are at the top.

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Vulkan.JPG
    Vulkan.JPG
    173.4 KB · Views: 19
D

Deleted member 422884

Since Nvidia GPU drivers 526.47, game capture stopped working for Vulkan version of the DOOM. OpenGL seems to capture fine on all drivers. As OP mentions, rolling back to 522.25 fixes this issue.

Slig

I can attest that the drivers newer than 522.25 cause this issue. This problem's existence seems to be universal across all users unless one projects the game onto another screen via a capture card, for example.

guacodile

Also have this issue, recently updated my drivers and can no longer use game capture for Vulkan DOOM. 522.25 or older versions still work fine.

Daravae

Anyone from OBS who can help out with this? Like we mentioned, NVIDIA stated this is not a problem on their end. OBS v29 and latest NVIDIA driver 528.02 also did not fix this issue.