Question / Help Does streaming with AVC Encoder wear the GPU down?

Synthium

Hello there. As the title says - I wanna know would setting my streaming settings to be GPU intensive rather than CPU intensive, will it decrease my GPU's life span?

I know that it will, of course, be heavy on the GPU and will use it's memory, that's a given. But is there a correlation between burdening the GPU with things like streaming/recording and the lifespan/breakdown time for the card?

P.S. If it matters at all - I'm using Radeon RX580 @ 4GB VRAM

Thanks in advance!

koala

is there a correlation between burdening the GPU with things like streaming/recording and the lifespan/breakdown time for the card?
No. Your hardware is aging as soon as you turn the machine on. If the machine is idling or if it is doing work isn't relevant to hardware aging.

It ages a bit more if it overheats, but overheating only takes place with bad hardware case design. Proper and common case design does proper cooling even under permanent 100% load, so the machine doesn't age more than running idle.

Synthium

No. Your hardware is aging as soon as you turn the machine on. If the machine is idling or if it is doing work isn't relevant to hardware aging.

It ages a bit more if it overheats, but overheating only takes place with bad hardware case design. Proper and common case design does proper cooling even under permanent 100% load, so the machine doesn't age more than running idle.

Thanks a lot, friend :D