Does having multiple scenes consume resources?

Jrblack09

Does only the scene I am using at the moment consume resources or does all scenes consume resources just because I have them? (suppose all scenes have sources) If all scenes consume resources, is it better to jam pack most sources I need into one scene or make separate scenes?

gotha83

From my experience, it's better to have just one source per scene for best performance, each additional one costs performance.
For example, I had three sources in one scene at first, but noticed my CPU was already at 30%+ just for looking at it :)
After getting those sources in different scenes, everything is just fine again

Jrblack09

From my experience, it's better to have just one source per scene for best performance, each additional one costs performance.
For example, I had three sources in one scene at first, but noticed my CPU was already at 30%+ just for looking at it :)
After getting those sources in different scenes, everything is just fine again
Did you use different scene collections or just different scenes within the same collection? I have looked around, and a post said that if I have multiple sources within the same collection, they all are chewing resources since they have to be ready to be shown when I switch to that scene. It said that the only way to have those sources not using resources is having them in another collection.