Resource icon

All Versions DIY Control Deck and PTZ Camera Joystick

Northdiver

Northdiver submitted a new resource:

DIY StreamDeck and PTZ Camera Joystick - StreamDeck and PTZ Camera Joystick with Pro Micro

I designed a DIY StreamDeck for use with OBS Studio for our church. It uses x-keys to switch scenes and do the transition, but you can map the keys to do whatever you need. I added a joystick that twists to control zoom. I installed 'AntiMicroX' on the computer to map the joystick movement to keystrokes.

Feel free to use, modify, enhance as you would like.
No warranty expressed or implied.

Read more about this resource...

Northdiver

The joystick that I used twists. The microcontroller board maps the twisting of the joystick to keyboard command that are then put in OBS Studio as hotkeys. You will need to install and configure "PTZ Controls".
The joystick uses potentiometers for X, Y, and Z; Left-Right, Up-Down, & Zoom. If you don't have the same type of joystick, you could use a separate potentiometer for zoom.

dqm

Thanks for the help. I'm using PTZ Controls and have configured hotkeys in OBS to zoom the camera. With joystick mode turned on, PTZ Controls does not recognize my joystick twists and/or does not map the twist signals to zooming. FWIW, the settings report binding between zoom and "right joystick" (presumably, a gamepad). I'm want to bind zoom to the joystick twist, but can't figure out how.

I believe the hotkeys approach requires me to turn OFF joystick mode and also use hotkeys for the X and Y axes. Unfortunately, my joystick is "plug and play", in other words, comes with no drivers or other software to map joystick movements to keystrokes.