Distorted Audio

Zander147

Hi all,

Looking for any help as this is driving me nuts.

I do a live music stream weekly. I have a Digidesign MBox as my Audio in. In to this, I run a mixing desk that has my mics and instruments. I then have the MBox set as an audio-in source on OBS. I use Restream to simultaneously stream to Facebook and YouTube. This all works perfectly...most of the time.

A few weeks ago I had an issue where the audio was distorting - only on the stream. The sound in my headphones (taken from the Mbox) is perfect. This issue spontaneously resolved itself - I put it down to ghosts in the machine and moved on. On my stream last night the same thing happened. I tried stopping and restarting the stream several times, switching everything off and back on again, but no joy. I then tried bypassing OBS by using the Restream Studio but the same issue persisted. I appreciate that may mean OBS is not the problem but I'm so frustrated with it that I thought I'd check on here to see if anyone had encountered something similar. My confusion is this - if the sound's okay at source, and the sound's distorted with two different softwares, then where is the problem arising? Any help GREATLY appreciated. The log files from my attempted streams are below.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 2020-07-31 19-55-59.txt
    18.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 2020-07-31 20-14-06.txt
    19.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 2020-07-31 20-31-11.txt
    16.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 2020-07-31 20-57-51.txt
    21 KB · Views: 9
  • 2020-07-31 21-18-58.txt
    13 KB · Views: 11

BarrySDCA

I am fighting the same issue. I've seen threads going back a couple years and it still seems to be a problem.

In my case, I am using RTMP audio sources. I have everything lined up at 44.1Khz. Sometimes it works great then out of the blue the audio just starts distorting bad. Restarting OBS seems to help. But this needs a resolution or I can't keep working OBS. It's just horrible.

listen... https://youtu.be/NZbkq6A26z0

Does anyone have a solution? I'm running OBS on Ubuntu

thank you

Zander147

I am fighting the same issue. I've seen threads going back a couple years and it still seems to be a problem.

In my case, I am using RTMP audio sources. I have everything lined up at 44.1Khz. Sometimes it works great then out of the blue the audio just starts distorting bad. Restarting OBS seems to help. But this needs a resolution or I can't keep working OBS. It's just horrible.

listen... https://youtu.be/NZbkq6A26z0

Does anyone have a solution? I'm running OBS on Ubuntu

thank you
Hi,

Not sure if this is relevent to you, but I thought I'd let you know how I managed to resolve this issue. I found (I think!) that it was related to a windows update. The USB-Audio interface I was using (an mbox2) is pretty old and, when I checked on their website, is not longer supported. It had still been working but I think the most recent Windows update rendered it very temeromental. I bought a new, very cheap little USB interface and it works fine.