Question / Help Display Capture stops working when fullscreen game loads

MrTrolyMoly

I been trying to see what the problem was on google, but it only gave me results about how the game capture doesn't work, which isn't my issue. I stream, where I sometimes show my screen for reacting to videos or what not. But when I go into a game which loads into fullscreen, display capture stops working until I restart OBS. By the way I am using game capture for my games, before I get posts about "why I'm using display capture for games", I want this working, I've seen other variety streamers, and their display capture always work, not matter if a game goes into fullscreen at launch or not. Note: This does not happen when I launch a game into windowed or borderless, only fullscreen.

https://obsproject.com/logs/5wRSRzKCSeeHHou6

koala

You have 3 monitor capture sources but only 2 displays. If you happen to have more than one capture source for the same monitor, it might happen what you describe. This is because multiple monitor captures for the same monitor stomp on each other and only one might get the pictures but not the others. On switching between fullscreen and desktop, the active source that gets the frames might change.

If you need multiple capture sources for the same monitor, use only one source and add additional sources with the "add additional" option and not with "create new". So you have only one real capture and the others are references and are re-using the frames. So remove all captures of one monitor except one and re-add the additional with the "add additional" option.

From the log I see you are using the crop filter to get sections from the monitor captures. Remove the crop filter. This will crop all references, and because of that you probably added multiple sources for the same monitor. To crop a reference, use this alternative method instead: press and hold the ALT key and drag the dots at the border of the source. This way you will only crop this reference and not all references to a source.