Display Capture Issues Windows

Jake12321

Ok, so when I go to display capture, I see the @ 0,0 mark, and can't figure out how to change that. That is the question in its shortest form.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
That shows the position of your monitor, indicating the top left. If you want to capture a different display, choose it in the list.

Jake12321

Yeah, I have tried that, but when I go, that is the only option. I go to display, it says 'Display 1: 3840x2160 @ 0,0' but I cant add anything more.

BluePeer

Display 1 is the cound for display 2 (start count with 0 not 1)
so it looks you have a GPU + IGPU/APU setup and put one Display to GPU and another due the IGPU/APU port?
not on point but if it changed but default OBS can only capture displays connected to the GPU he is running on
and with a logfile we not need to think about we can see it

BluePeer

you post that you see in the selection "display 1" and "but i cant add anything more"
that sounds for me you are willing to tell this forum that you have not only this One display (more then 1 Display)
Currently we are stupid , we don't know the setup you have, you not postet a logfile that contains this required information

Related to that what you posted "Display 1" it tells me that you have more then One display? The default Name of Single Display Setups is "Display 0" the counter for display name tags start with 0

if this speculation true that you have for example 2 or 3 Displays
then Only this one is shown by the reason this is the only of this 2 or 3 or 4 displays connected to the same "Brain" that Generates the Image
if there multiple other Displays that not seen in this list, there are (the cable) not connected to the same area of your PC

Tower/laptop we don't know we have no log that show us your hardware, so we need to speculate again
without a log and a specific error report and question we speculate here the next 2 days

if you are a "computer" "baby" its fine but then write this in the first that you have 0 or near 0 know about all that if you ask a technic question

BluePeer

Jake we are not understand what the issue is
"Display Capture Issues Windows" is not a description of the issue that you have, if it add you see nothing or is the display you wan't to see not in the list?
related to your post of " I go to display, it says 'Display 1: 3840x2160 @ 0,0' but I cant add anything more" it sounds that you have more then one display that you will "add"? the log file shows that you only have 1 display not 2 or 3 that can be missed
or what is the issue that you have.
if you can't tell us what your issue is we can't help

Jake12321

BluePeer, I don't really know what is going on, all I can give you is the description of what I am seeing and the log file. I am attempting to record my screen but just get the @ 0,0 message. I don't mean to be difficult, I just need some help.

BluePeer

Ok error in "visual" Who and where the error are information
This is how it looks
the 0.0 from what you talk is at the 1?
you see your desktop/display like me above ? no ? its Black ? (You can select but not see your display <-- this is a error description)
then OBS is not running on your right GPU and you need to follow the Link R1CH posted to select the other GPU for OBS (Nvidia)

Jake12321

Alright. I have kinda given up on the display capture. I use OBS for recoriding presentations for academic purposes, but I also occasionally record Minecraft. I just setup a Game Capture, but when I streatch the video to the window size, the game crashes. I will look into this more in depth and see if I can figure it out. Thank you all for your help and time.