Display capture issue

TiDo

Is it possible to use display capture for second input? In other words, if I use my Xbox on HDMI2 on my monitor, am I able to record that input without streaming? I'm just looking to record my screen.

When I use the Xbox companion app to stream my game play onto OBS, the quality is really poor. I'm wondering if there is a way to record my game play even though it's on a different input. I have two monitors if that makes a difference.

Lawrence_SoCal

Is it possible to use display capture for second input? In other words, if I use my Xbox on HDMI2 on my monitor, am I able to record that input without streaming? I'm just looking to record my screen.

Just in case you are curious, when you do a display capture, you AREN'T actually capturing what is on the display. OBS, or any other software that does similar) is capturing what is being sent by the computer running OBS/whatever to a (any) display [ie local GPU ouput]. You computer (and therefore OBS) has no way to see what another device is sending to a secondary input on a display.