Discord Overlay

Discord Overlay 1.0.1

Kenshin9977

Kenshin9977 submitted a new resource:

Discord Overlay - A DirectX11 window to host Discord's overlay

A DirectX 11 window for Windows to host Discord's Overlay in order to capture and display it with OBS.
Based on the idea of Discord Overlay Host I made an updated version as it wasn't updated in 5 years and accumulated a lot of issues.

Compatibility
You should only need to have a DirectX 11 capable GPU to run the program.

Source code...

Read more about this resource...

DnDPaladin

hey, i like the idea, its much better then the streamkit.
would it be possible to add a video interface to it ?
me and my friends are using discord for video conferences and streams, but the fact that the stream always changes interface when someone leaves or join the channel is making any sort of streaming overlay almost impossible. there used to be a thing for brosers that would help us, but the author hasn't responded in months... would this be possible with your extension ?

prototype464

Howdy, so I just downloaded the program and it immediately closes when I try running it. My GPU is a Nvidia GeForce GTX 680, currently I'm looking for a program somewhat like the one you've made here that will open window kind of thing that tricks Discord into thinking it's game, when it's not.

My goal is to find a way to share my entire screen with audio, as that hasn't been added yet to Discord, even though it's been a feature with Skype for many years now. I had an idea earlier about some kind of DirectX window that captures the entire screen with audio, then I could screenshare that window, which would be a perfect workaround.

Problem is, I don't think there's even any program like that anywhere, at least not to my knowledge. If it did exist, I'm having a lot of trouble finding it. I've tried toying around with the virtual camera in OBS, I've tried using an output window, and quite a few other potential workarounds. It seems to me that a fake window of sorts would be the solution.

If you happen to know something like that, or would be able to make a simple program that does that, I would greatly appreciate. Thank you in advance!

Kenshin9977

hey, i like the idea, its much better then the streamkit.
would it be possible to add a video interface to it ?
me and my friends are using discord for video conferences and streams, but the fact that the stream always changes interface when someone leaves or join the channel is making any sort of streaming overlay almost impossible. there used to be a thing for brosers that would help us, but the author hasn't responded in months... would this be possible with your extension ?
My program is fully dependant of the Discord's overlay so I don't think it could work. Though I can try to make another program for this specific use case. Could you tell me what is the browser that used to work ? You can also check OBS Ninja which might do what you want.

Kenshin9977

Howdy, so I just downloaded the program and it immediately closes when I try running it. My GPU is a Nvidia GeForce GTX 680, currently I'm looking for a program somewhat like the one you've made here that will open window kind of thing that tricks Discord into thinking it's game, when it's not.

My goal is to find a way to share my entire screen with audio, as that hasn't been added yet to Discord, even though it's been a feature with Skype for many years now. I had an idea earlier about some kind of DirectX window that captures the entire screen with audio, then I could screenshare that window, which would be a perfect workaround.

Problem is, I don't think there's even any program like that anywhere, at least not to my knowledge. If it did exist, I'm having a lot of trouble finding it. I've tried toying around with the virtual camera in OBS, I've tried using an output window, and quite a few other potential workarounds. It seems to me that a fake window of sorts would be the solution.

If you happen to know something like that, or would be able to make a simple program that does that, I would greatly appreciate. Thank you in advance!
The GTX 680 should support DirectX 11. The fact that it doesn't work on your system might be because of a faulty driver as reported by similar topics. As for what you want I think that when you share a specific application it only share the sound of the said app and not of your whole system. You could share your system's sound through your mic using stereo mix or VB-Cable as suggested in this Reddit post.

DnDPaladin

My program is fully dependant of the Discord's overlay so I don't think it could work. Though I can try to make another program for this specific use case. Could you tell me what is the browser that used to work ? You can also check OBS Ninja which might do what you want.
it was an addons for chrome that was called "StreamFixer" it literally was a screen capture each video user separately and then making a fixed list that you could then just stream, so the list would never change reguardless of how much discord overlay changed. it was nice, but now it only works on linux. because chrome decided to put a limit to their addon esxtension size. and while it works on firefox still, it bugs out obs because apparently obs do not like firefox.

thanks for the obs ninja tip, i'll check that out.
EDIT: my problem with obs ninja which does what i want, is that all my files are on discord, and thus we use discord for file sharing as well... so we'd now have discord for the chats and all, and then use ninja for the video part... i think thats a cope out... but if it works i will try using it still...

Last edited:

ChadekT

Couldn't find where to input the html color and the messaging box is still shown. Tried setting it up again to show what I mean and I can't even open the overlay in the program. Sorry if I seem dumb right now but I feel very confused about the directions and I thought this would be a better alternative to streamkit because there wouldnt be a need to change ones nickname to be properly seen. What am I missing here?

cristian44137

Couldn't find where to input the html color and the messaging box is still shown. Tried setting it up again to show what I mean and I can't even open the overlay in the program. Sorry if I seem dumb right now but I feel very confused about the directions and I thought this would be a better alternative to streamkit because there wouldnt be a need to change ones nickname to be properly seen. What am I missing here?
Hello, the Chroma Key option is shown in Filters.

industrialna

Well...

Attachments

• Printscreen 2022-06-22 160305.jpg
    Printscreen 2022-06-22 160305.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 162
  • Printscreen 2022-06-22 160403.jpg
    Printscreen 2022-06-22 160403.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 164

madum

on my side, i configure all like request and i don't see my name on the windows when i speak on mic, We can putt the exe in any place?