Disconnecting - reconnecting continually

Lloydh

I am having a problem trying to do a livestream using obs.

When i click on start streaming it connects and then instantly disconnects and then reconnects again and so on.

I have attached the log https://obsproject.com/logs/Fds0x3f4xxYbBE1U

Here is a short video of the issue http://somup.com/crfrrCFDg4

I am trying to RTMP it through to promotix

Any help would be gratefully appreciated

thank you

Lloyd

Attachments

• 2021-04-21 23-31-51.txt
    18.9 KB · Views: 26

Lawrence_SoCal

do you have the right settings for your stream and that stream host? including stream key, etc?
23:41:33.049: [ffmpeg muxer: 'simple_stream'] Writing file ' rtmp://bintu-stream.nanocosmos.de:1935/rec'...​
23:41:33.947: [ffmpeg muxer: 'simple_stream'] os_process_pipe_write for packet data failed​
23:41:33.947: [ffmpeg muxer: 'simple_stream'] Output of file ' rtmp://bintu-stream.nanocosmos.de:1935/rec' stopped​

I'm suspecting your stream settings are incorrect for your provider

and note that is an old CPU for real-time video encoding which is VERY computationally demanding.
I recommend monitoring hardware resource (CPU, GPU, RAM, etc) utilization to see if your system is being maxed out with your settings
IF your computer is up to your OBS settings (and I don't know that it will, though if you keep it simple, it should), you are most likely going to need a simplistic OBS setup, and optimize OS and OBS for an under-powered PC (avoid background apps/processes, etc).

Lloydh

this is my imac details so should be fine

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac14,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 3.2 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: 430.0.0.0.0

Lloydh

i am not sure how to edit the ffmpeg
where do i go to find out how to setup a simplistic setup?
it is not an old imac and has an i5 core with 3.2 processor

is there a video somewhere that i can view to see how to do a step by step setup?

Lawrence_SoCal

An i5 is mid-range at best, and depends on age

Here's the quick-start guide: As recommended by others - the Nerd or Die tutorial video series: