Question / Help Desktop went from Stereo to mono?

DarkestPrayer69

I was just recording a game yesterday my desktop audio was set to stereo like usual, basically it has 2 bars and was picking up the sound great like always, after recording I closed the program and went to bed then I wake up and the desktop audio only has 1 bar now?? What is going on here and how can I fix it because to be frank, I'm pissed off since you can not fix this problem or at least not anyway that I have tried.

Please answer this ASAP because I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem but with all the searching I been doing I know I'm the first to write about it.
z1.jpg

Attachments

• 2019-03-19 15-41-26.txt
    15.6 KB · Views: 34

illibodilli

Hello. I dont know if this applies to you, but have you tried right-clicking your source and selecting "Advanced Audio Properties" and then make sure your Desktop source isnt set to "Downmix to mono"? If not try to check that and untick if ticked. A restart of OBS could also work.

Weberprime

Hello!

Sometimes the Desktop Audio switches from stereo to mono. And then Desktop audio switches back to stereo. Previously, I thought this switching was random. But I think the Desktop audio switched from mono back to stereo when I opened up a stereo source (in this case, a video game). This bug popped up today when I updated to 25.0.1

Weberprime

I can confirm that Weberprime is correct. The indicators show you the output of the last source. So if it was a mono source, the indicators or meters will be mono. Open a player or such that has a stereo signal and it will change.