Question / Help Desktop Picking Up Monitor audio

That_Nerd

I've tried looking around the settings and messing with my audio a bit but whenever I have monitoring on at all (both options do this) my desktop audio picks up my monitored mic. I'm using this for streaming and just would like to hear myself too hear how I sound without the stream also getting an echo.

FerretBomb

Set the monitoring device in Settings->Audio to something other than your desktop device. This is working as-designed, just like putting a microphone in front of a speaker playing the mic's feed.

To exclude certain audio, you will need to use third-party software like Voicemeeter to set up a virtual 'desktop audio device' as the default system playback device and have OBS listen to that, then in VM set up a virtual monitoring playback device with OBS pointed at that for monitoring output. Then in Voicemeeter, mix them together and send that to your actual desktop audio output device.

That_Nerd

I've checked and changed the devices but I still have the problem appearing. Below are the screenshots I took, I have nothing producing audio or anything other than me speaking into the mic (in the screenshot I have a lot of white noise so it having audio is already telling me it's not working).

Attachments

• Screenshot (120).png
    Screenshot (120).png
    212.4 KB · Views: 190
  • Screenshot (121).png
    Screenshot (121).png
    141.9 KB · Views: 190