Question / Help Desktop Audio Not Working

GravityBeatle

I have a year-old MacBook with BootCamp installed. I've been trying to get Discord conversations to show up for my streams, but they do not. I've tried changing the output source, increasing the volume, etc., but nothing. I can't even find a setting where the sound bars under audio sources go up and down at all. It's as if it's muted, but it isn't, since the volume sign isn't crossed out. I've also updated to the newest version with still no luck.

I've included a log file which has me tinkering with the desktop audio. I'm not sure if it will help, since I've never gotten an error message or anything. Note that, in this logfile, the proper output is called Speakers. I have a set of headphones which has a mic, but I wasn't using them when I made this log file. I also didn't have my elgato plugged in, but again, it didn't work when it was in either.

Narcogen

18:45:56.942: [WASAPISource::TryInitialize]:[Headset Microphone (Apple Audio Device)] Failed to activate client context: 88890004
18:45:56.942: [WASAPISource::WASAPISource] Device '{0.0.1.00000000}.{80578620-49da-4641-9cf5-b44dabc981fc}' not found. Waiting for device

OBS either can't access your headset mic, or does not have permission to do so. Check that you have device exclusivity off in your Sound control panel.

GravityBeatle

18:45:56.942: [WASAPISource::TryInitialize]:[Headset Microphone (Apple Audio Device)] Failed to activate client context: 88890004
18:45:56.942: [WASAPISource::WASAPISource] Device '{0.0.1.00000000}.{80578620-49da-4641-9cf5-b44dabc981fc}' not found. Waiting for device

OBS either can't access your headset mic, or does not have permission to do so. Check that you have device exclusivity off in your Sound control panel.

I'm not really sure what you mean; by Sound control panel, do you mean audio mixer? If so, I don't see anything regarding device exclusivity. If not, where is this sound control panel?

Veggies

I have a year-old MacBook with BootCamp installed. I've been trying to get Discord conversations to show up for my streams, but they do not. I've tried changing the output source, increasing the volume, etc., but nothing. I can't even find a setting where the sound bars under audio sources go up and down at all. It's as if it's muted, but it isn't, since the volume sign isn't crossed out. I've also updated to the newest version with still no luck.

I've included a log file which has me tinkering with the desktop audio. I'm not sure if it will help, since I've never gotten an error message or anything. Note that, in this logfile, the proper output is called Speakers. I have a set of headphones which has a mic, but I wasn't using them when I made this log file. I also didn't have my elgato plugged in, but again, it didn't work when it was in either.
If you have tried everything else, the problem might be that the desktop audio as a whole is not working. Have you tried playing any other audio in the background? If OBS doesn't record that either, then I suggest you download iShowU Audio Capture and look up an article of how to set it up with OBS.

GravityBeatle

If you have tried everything else, the problem might be that the desktop audio as a whole is not working. Have you tried playing any other audio in the background? If OBS doesn't record that either, then I suggest you download iShowU Audio Capture and look up an article of how to set it up with OBS.

Unfortunately that software is for OS X, so as far as I know, I wouldn't be able to run it in Bootcamp. Is there a windows equivalent (can't believe I'm asking that question when all my life I've wanted mac equivalents)?

Veggies

Unfortunately that software is for OS X, so as far as I know, I wouldn't be able to run it in Bootcamp. Is there a windows equivalent (can't believe I'm asking that question when all my life I've wanted mac equivalents)?
Another alternative is SoundFlower, however some of the equivalents for Windows that I personally use include Voicemeeter Banana, and Virtual Audio Cable should work fine too.

GravityBeatle

Another alternative is SoundFlower, however some of the equivalents for Windows that I personally use include Voicemeeter Banana, and Virtual Audio Cable should work fine too.

Sorry for the late response; I haven't been able to try this in a few weeks.

I unfortunately cannot figure out how to use the software while being able to listen to the audio myself as well. So unfortunately this doesn't solve my problem either.

I even found this, which seemed to indicate that people have had my problem before, and have found a solution: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/no-audio-output-macbook-2018-bootcamp.96072/

Nonetheless, I still can't hear the audio myself while having the software capture it at the same time. Is there a way to enable more than one output at the same time? Or am I just missing something?