Delayed/block band at bottom of screen using Sigma FP

ChippedCo

Howdy folks! I'm pretty brand new to OBS Studio, having spent a month using it quite successfully to broadcast pre-recorded vids to Facebook Live. I'm now lookin' to get serious, though, and have got me'sen a Sigma FP so I can have a top quality webcam and stream actual live video.

I've just done a test run, though, and got stuck at the point of importing the Sigma's output into OBS. I had no trouble doing this with a Logitech C920, but the Sigma keeps giving me this:

sigma obs prob.jpg

I tried searching this forum for tips, but ain't found owt so far. I tried making sure the Sigma is outputting at the lowest specs it can (1920x1080, 25fps), but it's clearly got nowt to do with the resolution. Restarting my machine a good few times didn' achieve owt either.

Here's the log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/cwTj4uF4Uo8myIfY

I'm just an end user, so the log means very little to me—though I can't help noticing it includes the word "error" an awful lot...

(I notice it also mentions a frame rate of 30fps? That might be because I tried playing around with the Custom settings to see if that would fix the issue, but nothing did.)

Cheers mahoosively for any tips anyone can ping my way...!

Chip

ChippedCo

Howdy folks,

Just thought I'd post an update. My battery died literally seconds before I had a chance to check the firmware version (have now ordered AC power adapter, lol), and so consequently also before I popped this post on 'ere. I've now updated the firmware, and so far it seems the camera now works fine with OBSS.

I say "so far", 'cause a part of me is wondering whether the green screen—actually a Reflecmedia ChromaFlex—was causing some of the issues by bombarding the sensor with so much, well, green. So I'll report back again tomorrow when I'll have the time to set all the gubbins up again.