Resource icon

OBS Lua DeBlemish Filter Script 3.0

corint1

all ? :)))) ... all filters are interesting. I don't know if all of them can be useful in obs, but it's worth trying. maybe you can tell me how to adapt them myself.

corint1

SkinSmooth.fx and ChromaticAberration.fx --- they seem to me to be useful in obs. maybe there are others but I don't intuit them

khaver

@corint1, it looks like you found the Lightworks user effects github collection. I started writing shader effects for Lightworks over a decade ago. You'll find I authored many of them. I used the free version of Lightworks for many years until I discovered Blackmagic Design's Davinci Resolve.

The SkinSmooth effect is similar to the DeBlemish filter so not sure if it's needed. I did make a simple chromatic aberration filter for OBS. You can find it with my other filters her on this site.

Many of the Lightworks effects rely on shaders doing multiple passes that can be heavy on GPU resources. Since Lightworks doesn't need it to have real time rendering like OBS does, I haven't found an easy or efficient way to do multiple passes in OBS's shader implementation.

bentakil

[filter-deblemish.lua] Failed to call get_properties for DeBlemish: .../obs-plugins/frontend-tools/scripts/filter-deblemish.lua:160: attempt to call field 'obs_properties_add_color_alpha' (a nil value)

khaver

@bentakil, using a text editor, open filter-deblemish.lua and go to line 160. Change:

obs.obs_properties_add_color_alpha(props, SETTING_MCOLOR, TEXT_MCOLOR)

to:

obs.obs_properties_add_color(props, SETTING_MCOLOR, TEXT_MCOLOR)

That is, remove "_alpha". Save and open OBS again. Do you get the error? Does the filter work?

giigi

hiii, Idk why it no works in the version that I have Installed, I have obs 26.1.1 I would like to have help with that please

khaver

The only versions I have installed are 27, 28 & 29. There must have been some changes to the API since v26. OBS v26 is 3 years old now. Have you thought about updating?

Can you provide a log? It may shed some light on the problem with v26. It could be an easy fix.

Firecracker988

Hi! New here, I was brought over here by BBkyle Youtube. I downloaded this and tried to run the script however gives me an error, I trying to run it on my Macbook, does this download work for windows only?

Johnnystone

please help! I'm trying to figure out the issue but i keep getting this message.
[filter-deblemish.lua] Error opening file: (null)

khaver

@khaver I am on PC whenever I am using the colour picker, it defaults the colours to my wallpaper when I have the plus pointer on my face
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner. Make sure you don't have the setting set in OBS to hide the GUI from display capture. For some reason that also hides the GUI from the color picker.

khaver

please help! I'm trying to figure out the issue but i keep getting this message.
[filter-deblemish.lua] Error opening file: (null)
Make sure you're using the latest download. There was an earlier version where I had the code erroneously look for a shader file instead of using the shader code in the LUA script itself. Also, make sure the LUA file is not corrupt and missing some of the code.

benrodeee

Make sure you're using the latest download. There was an earlier version where I had the code erroneously look for a shader file instead of using the shader code in the LUA script itself. Also, make sure the LUA file is not corrupt and missing some of the code.
THANKS GREAT PLUGIN.

Last edited:
I appreciate your response. One more thing: will you also be adapting the many other filters that I noticed on github? I made an attempt, but it was unsuccessful because I lack the required training.