Resource icon

OBS Lua DeBlemish Filter Script 3.0

b3atboxjr

It should work on a Mac. Does it show up in the list of filters?
Hi khaver,
Do you know the directory for which to drag this .lua file into on a mac to get it to show up in OBS? For the life of me I can't figure it out! (and I guess, does it work for Mac with the newer M chips?)

sherryw

Hi awesome community, I am having trouble with adding this .lua file to OBS on MAC. I located the directory which is OBS -> "contents" -> "plugins", and then i need to open "frontend-tools.plugin" but how to open it? hope to learn from you!!

khaver

Hi awesome community, I am having trouble with adding this .lua file to OBS on MAC. I located the directory which is OBS -> "contents" -> "plugins", and then i need to open "frontend-tools.plugin" but how to open it? hope to learn from you!!
@sherryw, I don't own a MAC so I don't know the process of adding scripts to OBS on it. You'll have to rely on someone else for help. You might send a message to @Want To Learn. I know he's installed some of my scripts in his MAC installation of OBS.

@sherryw, I don't own a MAC so I don't know the process of adding scripts to OBS on it. You'll have to rely on someone else for help. You might send a message to @Want To Learn. I know he's installed some of my scripts in his MAC installation of OBS.
Thanks Khaver for the recommendation to help. I am honored for this. You certainly were patient with me, so I will help out. Later tonight I will type up a step by step tutorial for Sherryw. Thanks.

Sherryw. I will type something out for you later to help you with installing .lua scripts. I first had to learn with Khaver's great Pan, Zoom and Rotate .lua script, but many others. I do it differently and it works.

Sherryw. I will type something out for you later to help you with installing .lua scripts. I first had to learn with Khaver's great Pan, Zoom and Rotate .lua script, but many others. I do it differently and it works.
Their is another way, but this works for me.
Open OBS

Go to tools (upper left menu inbetween scene collection and help)

Choose scripts

Scroll down to the plus sign

You’ll see the scripts folder

Right click on one of the scripts and choose show in finder.

You’ll see other Lua’s in this folder. Copy and Past your new .lua

Close out of it and it might work, but sometimes a .lua doesn’t install until you restart OBS.

However, I need to tell you that I can't seem to find that script folder through the recommended path from the finder. Library Application support etc... like you did. When I open that folder again using my method I don't see anymore .lua's than the stock ones. Not sure if it's a bad thing, but it works. Good luck!

Last edited:
Hi khaver,
Do you know the directory for which to drag this .lua file into on a mac to get it to show up in OBS? For the life of me I can't figure it out! (and I guess, does it work for Mac with the newer M chips?)
Please read my post below. I don't have an Mchip mac,I have an intel with OS ventura, but this might work. Good luck!

sherryw

Their is another way, but this works for me.
Open OBS

Go to tools (upper left menu inbetween scene collection and help)

Choose scripts

Scroll down to the plus sign

You’ll see the scripts folder

Right click on one of the scripts and choose show in finder.

You’ll see other Lua’s in this folder. Copy and Past your new .lua

Close out of it and it might work, but sometimes a .lua doesn’t install until you restart OBS.

However, I need to tell you that I can't seem to find that script folder through the recommended path from the finder. Library Application support etc... like you did. When I open that folder again using my method I don't see anymore .lua's than the stock ones. Not sure if it's a bad thing, but it works. Good luck!
@Want To Learn Yes it works! I know there are many obs&mac users are looking for this answer. So THANK YOU!!

@Want To Learn Yes it works! I know there are many obs&mac users are looking for this answer. So THANK YOU!!
Sherryw, Glad it worked out for you! I might add that you should keep a copy of your .lua files in a backup folder somewhere on your drive or somewhere. It seems that when I upgrade OBS or even start a new scene they need to be reinstalled in that new scene or when upgraded. Good luck!

Last edited: