Custom Audio Mixing Per Scene

LordCail

Found a solution on this thread:

> Go to FILE MENU => SETTINGS, on the left sidebar pick the AUDIO option.
> Then proceed to set to DISABLED on all and every Global Audio Devices.

Then you can create new audio sources and apply to each scene.

HowTo Create Separate Audio Sources:
-- Enable multiple tracks by clicking on Settings > Output > Mode: Advanced > Recording > Format: mkv
(mp4 also works but mkv will keep partial recordings in case of a software crash mid-recording)
-- Tick how many audio tracks you would like to record (eg two for separate Desktop & Mic tracks)

In Scene A:
-- [+] New Audio Output Capture > "Desktop 100%" > 3 dots menu > Adv Audio Properties > Volume: 100% > Tick only Track 1 (for example; Note: You can drag the window to show all 6 tracks)
-- [+] New Audio Input Capture > "Mic 250%" > 3 dots menu > Adv Audio Properties > Volume: 250% > Tick only Track 2 (for example)

In Scene B:
-- [+] New Audio Output Capture > "Desktop 0%" > 3 dots menu > Adv Audio Properties > Volume: 0% > Tick only Track 1 (for example; Note: You can drag the window to show all 6 tracks)
-- [+] New Audio Input Capture > "Mic 0%" > 3 dots menu > Adv Audio Properties > Volume: 0% > Tick only Track 2 (for example)

You will now have presaved audio captures for Desktop 0% / 100% and Mic 0% / 100%. These can be applied to any scene as you like.

To create a new Audio Capture with a different Volume Capture level, simple follow process above and tweak the Volume setting.

Hope that helps!

LordCail

After isolating the microphone settings using the steps I outlined in my post above, I found that OBS was picking up ambient sound AND internal laptop sounds (ie a song playing on the laptop) through the microphone audio input channel even when the microphone was muted and even when it was unplugged!

After a LOT of struggling through various attempts at hot fixes I realised that the Realtek Microphone is also controlling the built-in laptop microphone. When my headset with microphone is plugged in, other apps like Discord do not pick up the sound but for some reason OBS picks it up along with any sound being played by the computer. This is why the desktop sound was getting picked up and mixed in with my headphone microphone channel.

To solve this problem I simply disabled the built-in Laptop microphone and it instantly fixed the problem!

To disable your Microphone on a Windows 10 PC, follow these steps:
  • Windows search: Microphone Privacy Settings
  • Set Allow apps to access your microphone: Off
  • Under Microphone access for this device: Click Change
  • Set Microphone access for this device: Off

LordCail

Note: Above solution disabled microphone as well. Turns out my Rig400 headset needs a splitter which I didn't have.
[Apologies for multiple posts, unfortunately I can't simply edit my previous posts.]

pawnee

brilliant bunch on this thread... ty so very much for your input. this is a major issue, please developers... HELP, LOVE the idea of remove toggle