Cropping capture devices, and pixel-precies source placement

Tranquilite

Hello, I recently Discovered Open Broadcaster, and I must say that it is a very impressive piece of software. I was tinkering around with scene creation, and a couple of suggestions came to mind:

This first is the lack of cropping. I have a capture card that only outputs 720x480 video, and I would like to crop it to 640x480 to remove unnecessary over-scan, but there is no graceful way of doing this. I tried setting the base resolution to 640x480 and then manually tried placing the 720x480 source such that it would be centered in the scene, but the automatic snap to edge feature made this impossible (you may want to consider adding an override for that as well). Cropping would also be useful for users who wanted to crop their webcams to only include the broadcaster, and not their dirty apartment or whatever.

The other feature I would like is pixel precise source placement. What I mean by this is the ability to manually key in the exact width/height/x/y placement of a given video source. This would be helpful for users who really want to fine tune their layouts and get the placement/size of everything just right.

I really look forward to seeing how Open Broadcaster develops, and I may have switch from using FMLE + SCFH :lol:

Warchamp7

Forum Admin
Re: Cropping capture devices, and pixel-precies source place

the automatic snap to edge feature made this impossible (you may want to consider adding an override for that as well).

This is actually possible if you hold Ctrl while moving a source. You also press Ctrl + C to center a source (This one is also available from right clicking on a source in the list)

Cropping and x y positioning for sources is planned :)