CPU Dropping frames while recording

Joselito

Log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/lfi5w4aGWcJhwt67

I was able to record + stream without a problem, but it's been a while since I can't even record at 1080p@60fps that I start to get

Skipped Frames due to encoding Lag

The thing is: My game is smooth 60 fps and my cpu usage is very low. But yet the recording is really bad. Anyone have any idea how to fix it?

I read every thread I found here and nothing worked so far.
Anything new I could try?

SPEC:
- GTX 1060 6GB
- 2x 8GB 3000Mhz Dual Channel
- Ryzen 7 1700
- Monitor 1: 144Hz 1080p
- Monitor 2: 60Hz 1080p

qhobbes

1. If available via Windows Update, update to Windows 10 2004 per https://obsproject.com/blog/five-simple-tips-for-new-streamers
2. The version of Windows you are running (1909) has a limitation which causes performance issues in hardware accelerated applications (such as games and OBS) if multiple monitors with different refresh rates are present. Your system's monitors have 2 different refresh rates (144 and 60), so you are affected by this limitation.

To fix this issue, we recommend updating to the Windows 10 May 2020 Update. Follow these instructions if you're not sure how to update. If you can't update Windows, set both monitors to the same refresh rates or disconnect a monitor
3. Update your GeForce drivers also per https://obsproject.com/blog/five-simple-tips-for-new-streamers
4. Set you 144 monitor to 120 or 60 Hz refresh rate
5. In Windows 10 versions 1809 and newer, we recommend that "Game Mode" be enabled for maximum gaming performance. Game Mode can be enabled via the Windows 10 "Settings" app, under Gaming > Game Mode
6. Display and Game Capture Sources interfere with each other. Never put them in the same scene.
7. At least one of your audio devices has a sample rate that doesn't match the rest. This can result in audio drift over time or sound distortion. Check your audio devices in Windows settings (both Playback and Recording) and ensure the Default Format (under Advanced) is consistent. 48000 Hz is recommended.
OBS Sample Rate: 44100 Hz
Alto-falantes (2- Realtek High Definition Audio): 48000 Hz
Microfone (Voicemod Virtual Audio Device (WDM)): 44100 Hz
8. Your log contains no recording or streaming session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.
To make a clean log file, please follow these steps:

1) Restart OBS.
2) Start your stream/recording for about 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
3) Stop your stream/recording.
4) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link via this troubleshooting tool or whichever support chat you are using.

Joselito

1. If available via Windows Update, update to Windows 10 2004 per https://obsproject.com/blog/five-simple-tips-for-new-streamers
2. The version of Windows you are running (1909) has a limitation which causes performance issues in hardware accelerated applications (such as games and OBS) if multiple monitors with different refresh rates are present. Your system's monitors have 2 different refresh rates (144 and 60), so you are affected by this limitation.

To fix this issue, we recommend updating to the Windows 10 May 2020 Update. Follow these instructions if you're not sure how to update. If you can't update Windows, set both monitors to the same refresh rates or disconnect a monitor
3. Update your GeForce drivers also per https://obsproject.com/blog/five-simple-tips-for-new-streamers
4. Set you 144 monitor to 120 or 60 Hz refresh rate
5. In Windows 10 versions 1809 and newer, we recommend that "Game Mode" be enabled for maximum gaming performance. Game Mode can be enabled via the Windows 10 "Settings" app, under Gaming > Game Mode
6. Display and Game Capture Sources interfere with each other. Never put them in the same scene.
7. At least one of your audio devices has a sample rate that doesn't match the rest. This can result in audio drift over time or sound distortion. Check your audio devices in Windows settings (both Playback and Recording) and ensure the Default Format (under Advanced) is consistent. 48000 Hz is recommended.
OBS Sample Rate: 44100 Hz
Alto-falantes (2- Realtek High Definition Audio): 48000 Hz
Microfone (Voicemod Virtual Audio Device (WDM)): 44100 Hz
8. Your log contains no recording or streaming session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.
To make a clean log file, please follow these steps:

1) Restart OBS.
2) Start your stream/recording for about 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
3) Stop your stream/recording.
4) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link via this troubleshooting tool or whichever support chat you are using.

Hi!. Sorry taking so long to reply and THANK YOU SO MUCH for helping me out.

I did everything you said but still have some problem. Low CPU Usage, no drop frames (in game), but the recording drops lots of frames due to encoding lag.
I'm pretty sure I should be able to record games like AMONG US, Rocket League and others with a Ryzen 7 1700 without a problem at 1080p@60fps.

Could you give me some more help to figure what is my problem? THank you!

Here is the latest log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/r-Dti15b3azsvW-k

qhobbes

1. Set you Acer 144 Hz monitor to 120 or 60 Hz refresh rate and then cap you game(s) frame rate at 120 or 60.
2. In Windows 10 versions 1809 and newer, we recommend that "Game Mode" be enabled for maximum gaming performance. Game Mode can be enabled via the Windows 10 "Settings" app, under Gaming > Game Mode.
3. Record to FLV or MKV. If you record to MP4 or MOV and the recording is interrupted, the file will be corrupted and unrecoverable.

If you require MP4 files for some other purpose like editing, remux them afterwards by selecting File > Remux Recordings in the main OBS Studio window or enable Auto remux in the advanced settings.

4. Display and Game Capture Sources interfere with each other. Never put them in the same scene. See your Gameplay, Gravação, Gravacao2 and Pre-start 2 scenes.
5. Change your Output Resolution to 1280x720 or lower your FPS to 30 or both.

Joselito

1. Set you Acer 144 Hz monitor to 120 or 60 Hz refresh rate and then cap you game(s) frame rate at 120 or 60.
2. In Windows 10 versions 1809 and newer, we recommend that "Game Mode" be enabled for maximum gaming performance. Game Mode can be enabled via the Windows 10 "Settings" app, under Gaming > Game Mode.
3. Record to FLV or MKV. If you record to MP4 or MOV and the recording is interrupted, the file will be corrupted and unrecoverable.

If you require MP4 files for some other purpose like editing, remux them afterwards by selecting File > Remux Recordings in the main OBS Studio window or enable Auto remux in the advanced settings.

4. Display and Game Capture Sources interfere with each other. Never put them in the same scene. See your Gameplay, Gravação, Gravacao2 and Pre-start 2 scenes.
5. Change your Output Resolution to 1280x720 or lower your FPS to 30 or both.

Thank you!!!
I think I found it. I always used my external HDD for my recordings, but now it is causing me the problem.
I changed the output location of my records and no frames dropped.

Any idea why it used to work and it's no longer working?(USB 3.0)