Consistent Crashes

Shurples

Hello! I have posted on the discord but thought a permanent thread would reach more eyes...

My OBS keeps crashing, at first it was suggested that it was my Logitech plugin (which you just can't remove without removing logitech). Our fix for this was to have Portable OBS, this allowed for the stream to last longer but eventually it still crashes! (I can't stream for 3 hours). I have removed things such as my "shoutout" browser source which was flagged as well as some other things but I am truly lost. I was suggested to switch back to another streaming application but I would very much like to use OBS if I can.

OBS VERSION: 30.0.0-rc - Portable Mode

Some logs:
https://obsproject.com/logs/NX7xhW2jUrsDLxP2
https://obsproject.com/logs/CUxqsoOlcEaA7OHD

PaiSand

The crash is happening in a browser-source or a custom dock.
Anyway, you shouldn't be using a beta / release candidate version for production.

Shurples

The crash is happening in a browser-source or a custom dock.
Anyway, you shouldn't be using a beta / release candidate version for production.
What version do you suggest? and is it possible to detect what browser source is the issue? Ideally I need those browser sources... would there be a fix?

Last edited:

PaiSand

The last version you find in this site download section is the one recommended always.
Unfortunatelly isn't posible to detect wich browser-source or custom dock is causing the crash. Perhaps it works on the 29.1.3 version.

First backup your scene collections and profiles. Now uninstall OBS (portable). Install the 29.1.3 and test it.

Shurples

The last version you find in this site download section is the one recommended always.
Unfortunatelly isn't posible to detect wich browser-source or custom dock is causing the crash. Perhaps it works on the 29.1.3 version.

First backup your scene collections and profiles. Now uninstall OBS (portable). Install the 29.1.3 and test it.
and can I use this as the portable version? Sorry I am pretty new to OBS.

PaiSand

You need to contact the plugin creator for it. Just go to the plugin subforum and check if there's an update for it.