Question / Help Configuring OBS for low-end PC

masenic

Hey guys, i've been having some problems with OBS while using local recording. I use OBS to record games, dota 2 to be exact, but all my recordings are quite laggy. I am new to OBS, and to recording games in general, so i'm probably doing something terribly wrong. I don't really have a high-end PC, and thats why i dont expect some HQ recordings, all i want is to be able to record videos with no lag, quality isn't really that big of a deal. I hope you guys can help me out.

Attachments

• 2013-11-10-1731-45.log
    6.5 KB · Views: 7,423

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Try setting your x264 CPU Preset to superfast or ultrafast. That should help performance.

masenic

Thank you for your respond.
Yes, it did help out quite a bit, but I'm still loosing some frames, and the game still doesn't look quite lag-less. Is there anything else i can try?

Attachments

• 2013-11-12-0021-31.log
    6.4 KB · Views: 2,619

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Downscale your resolution by 2.5 instead of 2.0 and see if that helps more.

You have a dual-core CPU, which is pretty bad for live video encoding, so you're going to have to minimize your quality settings quite a bit.

masenic

Thanks a lot, it did help, kinda looks bad, but i think it is acceptable, more or less.
Is there a way to increase the quality of a recording outside OBS settings. Can changes in the game itself improve the quality, or are there maybe some other programs that may help?
I'll post my log again, if you guys find something else that should be changed i would really appreciate it.

Attachments

• 2013-11-12-0116-08.log
    5.1 KB · Views: 2,340

masenic

Yea i know, and i plan to, but that unfortunately wont be as soon as i would want it to be.
Anyway, thanks a lot, i'll stick with this now, until i get a new PC.