Closing OBS without ending 24/7 Stream?

Esty_22

Hi I have a music stream that goes on 24/7 on youtube. I realized I wanted to include a time transition so I need to download the advance automatic scene changer plug-in. I've downloaded it, but in order for it to go into effect, I need to restart OBS thus ending my 24/7 stream.

If I close obs during the stream is there a way I can resume the stream upon reboot and not have to start a new one? I've never ended or closed obs before on this server during a stream.

Is there another way I can restart it?

Thanks,

Esty

Harold

If you don't terminate the stream itself in the youtube dashboard AND you used a manually defined streaming event, the stream will continue.

Esty_22

If you don't terminate the stream itself in the youtube dashboard AND you used a manually defined streaming event, the stream will continue.
Hi, thanks for your response. In what way can I know if I used a manually defined streaming event/ what does that term mean?

Thanks again.

Harold

You would have had to have created the event in the youtube live dashboard for that procedure to work and not used the stream key that allows you to go live quickly.

Esty_22

Ah I did use a streamkey unfortunately. So now closing it would "finish" that video and going live again would cause a new one to be created and this current one to finish and process?

Esty_22

Hmm I'll have to try and figure out what I did exactly. I don't think created an event, I just hit the "Start streaming from a streaming software" button and input my respective streamkey. Got set up pretty fast.

Esty_22

Damn I wish there was a way to just refresh obs just so the plug in could appear without having to shut the whole thing down.

Esty_22

On youtube, when a stream or obs accidentally crashes, under the circumstance that I didn't create an event, does it always force you to create a new stream entry instead of continuing the pre-existing one?

Esty_22

Hi. So I am looking to do things right this time and do a manually defined streaming event. How specifically would we go about this? I click go live but I think I am taken to the same screen as how I set up the livestream before. The livestream originally crashed and ended the stream, so I am hoping to avoid this. Any help on how to turn it into a streaming event is greatly appreciated.

Best.

Esty_22

Hi, so just an update. I since did it the manual way of streaming from the youtube dashboard and scheduling it. It lasted a lot longer, but unfortunately it STILL crashed. I think there is a problem with the Ohbubble server because I cannot access it right now. I'm paid up there and everything.

I thought having it in the youtube dashboard meant I'd have it completely controlled there regardless of what happened to my server. Was the server down too long? I really want to avoid this happening in the future. I hate living knowing my radio stream could go down at any minute. This is awful.

khaver

I think someone should write an app that acts as an intermediate stream server where you stream from OBS to this intermediate server (on same or different computer) and the intermediate server passes on the stream to YouTube or whatever. If your OBS goes down (crash or maintenance) the server keeps streaming with a "Please Stand By" or "Technical Difficulties" graphic until OBS starts up again. This way you could stream 24/7 and not worry about OBS crashing or needing to update or install a needed plugin and losing your YouTube stream.

Esty_22

There are back up servers that only charge base only on the time you need them and activate as so. I'm just confused why my stream crashed when I thought it could only be ended in youtube dashboard with the way I set it up