Question / Help Clear browser cache for Browser plugin

CustomPhase

Basically subj.
Is there a way to do so? Or make it stop caching at all? It keeps using old cached css, from before ive changed my styles on the server. Restarting the program doesnt help.

Vizzee

I wanted to clear the obs-studio browserplugin cache as well and this information saved me a lot of time and effort. Thanks for posting!

jabic87633

As of 25.0.8, this thread is the top result for "clear obs browser cache".

Is there a button for clearing browser Cache folder? (670.5MB)

And what about the Code Cache folder? (149.1MB)

... GPUCache is only 4.6MB

Or is the only way to close OBS, navigate to

%appdata%\obs-studio\plugin_config\obs-browser

and delete whichever Cache folders you dare delete?

Homer911

I have a corrupted plugin and uninstalling and reinstalling generates the same problem - I have tried deleting the cache but it seems to make no difference
Grrrgh...

cyclemat

Nope the Problem is plugins can change files in the obs instalation like stream elements and stream fx plugin
The settings are saved in another place so its no problem

ChallAcc

Still, what are we, 6 years after the original request, and there still isn't a clear cache button? There's a refresh button, but that does not clear the cache :( It's just a standard "reload this page" button.

We need something that will actually delete the Cache, Code Cache and GPUCache... please?

Yodenko

There's a refresh button, but that does not clear the cache :( It's just a standard "reload this page" button.
It's basicly "F5" in Form of a Button. They tried to trick us with naming it "refreshing cache" so we think they actually added this WELL NEEDED feature.

P.S. Yes, I just created an account because I find it hilarious that this button still doesn't exist.

Last edited:

Yodenko

As of 25.0.8, this thread is the top result for "clear obs browser cache".

Is there a button for clearing browser Cache folder? (670.5MB)

And what about the Code Cache folder? (149.1MB)

... GPUCache is only 4.6MB

Or is the only way to close OBS, navigate to

%appdata%\obs-studio\plugin_config\obs-browser

and delete whichever Cache folders you dare delete?
Just delete everything in the folder "Cache". This did the trick for me.