Chroma key

XeiZ

Hey,
first i have to say - really nice job on OBS! The performance with it is absolutely awesome and the feature list is almost on par with xsplit.
What i would like to have (even though it isnt really HIGH priority for me...) is chroma key options so i can work with greenscreens. This would add so much to OBS and definitely make it better than xsplit together with a delayserver option.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
you mean to video devices right? I actually have that planned, shouldn't be any problem

XeiZ

Yes , thats really nice to hear. =)
Keep the good work up was a huge ffsplit fan until i tried OBS and was BLOWN away! :p

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Control on the transparency of the media? You mean the general "tolerance" of the chroma key? I was going to do that as well if that's what you meant

Muf

Forum Moderator
I think they mean an opacity value (solid alpha blend) per video source. Like I believe in the HomeStory Cup where they sometimes have the player's face 50% blended over the gameplay feed.

Toxikr3

I am super excited about this program.

I don't think I have been this excited for a piece of software in a long time :D

Because of this program I am streaming a lot more because it doesn't drag down my laptop CPU :D

Opacity should be really fun to play around with ^__^

-Toxikr3

Kerviel

Could you possibly add chroma to the options for software capture source as that would allow us to use that feature when we capture a chat window and want to make the background transparent for embedding it into our stream. I can explain further and show you examples if needed.

Thanks again and I cannot wait to test OBS out live tomorrow.

bilehazard

Any idea when this will be implemented? Would love to get the chroma keying options working for this software since it runs alot better then Xsplit without a substantial performance hit.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
it was implemented with the latest version - it's called color key in device sources. I do not currently have it implemented for other sources though