Question / Help Choppy/Laggy Recordings

Crayozo

I have spent the past 5 hours looking up youtube videos on "Best OBS recording settings" and here is my problem. I play most of my games with 200+ fps when I record and when I don't record. It is not my game that is lagging, but the recording itself is extremely laggy and choppy. I have become extremely frustrated and stressed out. I received this new PC for Christmas and I want to find out what the issue is. If anyone could help, that would be great and here are my PC specs.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Mother Board: ASRock B450 Pro4
RAM: 2x 8GB DDR4
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
SSD: 128 GB
Hard Drive: 2TB Barracuda

Narcogen

Honestly there are too many variations in different combinations of hardware, use cases, and capture applications. Looking for "best settings" is not a good way to start.

Run the Auto Configuration Wizard from the Tools menu. It will ask some basic questions and run some simple tests and suggest settings for your system. Then you can observe the quality and performance and adjust as needed, and you'll have logfiles from using those settings that people can use to make suggestions to change your settings.

Crayozo

Honestly there are too many variations in different combinations of hardware, use cases, and capture applications. Looking for "best settings" is not a good way to start.

Run the Auto Configuration Wizard from the Tools menu. It will ask some basic questions and run some simple tests and suggest settings for your system. Then you can observe the quality and performance and adjust as needed, and you'll have logfiles from using those settings that people can use to make suggestions to change your settings.
I have tried and tried again running the Auto Configuration Wizard on OBS Studio and StreamLabs OBS. Constantly I am recieving framerates 30 FPS and below on my recordsing and streams. I don't know what the issues could be because in-game I am running 200 FPS and higher.

Narcogen

OBS needs GPU resources to work. If you let your game run its framerate as high as it can, OBS will not be able to hit the best framerate it is capable of operating at.

Cap your framerate in game.

Crayozo

OBS needs GPU resources to work. If you let your game run its framerate as high as it can, OBS will not be able to hit the best framerate it is capable of operating at.

Cap your framerate in game.
Thank you so much this worked!