Change bitrate record/stream to Mbps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siriö Astarot

It is confusing settings of this parameter, in Recording and Streams, because the quality already exceeded the 3 digits, so it is advisable to talk Megas, Gigas and Teras.
I suggest changing the bitrate level to Megabits per second (Mbps).

Attachments

• Mbps.jpg
    Mbps.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 737

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
Video and audio bitrate is pretty much always set in kbps in every program. We should probably keep to the current default that is widely used. We are also quite far away from using "Gigas and Teras".

I understand your idea, but I think it would confuse people even more. For audio it would be kbps, for video mbps.

Siriö Astarot

Video and audio bitrate is pretty much always set in kbps in every program. We should probably keep to the current default that is widely used. We are also quite far away from using "Gigas and Teras".

I understand your idea, but I think it would confuse people even more. For audio it would be kbps, for video mbps.

what you say is a lie, no program uses kbps, and others use Bandicam XSplit Megas, so it is important to change, not to confuse.

Osiris

what you say is a lie, no program uses kbps, and others use Bandicam XSplit Megas, so it is important to change, not to confuse.

Xsplit also uses kbps when refering to the bitrate of the video. Twitch also uses kbps in their video statistics in their player.

Last edited:

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
I really do not like being called a liar, especially when you are obviously not even knowing what you are talking about.
XSplit:
6bab61d26e321412171edb262c155e85.png

Hmm, looks like KBPS. Strange.
And Bandicam:
ZxhfVh6.png

Strange, they do not even use bitrate, just a quality selector.
Do I need to post more examples? Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Wirecast, Vmix, VirtualDub, Handbrake, and so on, all use kbps.

Siriö Astarot

Admin edit: removed abusive language.

The quality of video encoding is of such high quality that is ambiguous and outdated represent with kbps, is no longer the standard, because it is normal 20, 30, 60 or 100 Megabits, and will not're saying 10000000000000000000000 kbps.

Try to encode a video at 500kbps and they shall know that I am talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
@Siriö Astarot If you ever make a post like that again you'll catch a ban; you're lucky I didn't see it before Jack0r or that would have already happened. This thread is closed, don't make a new one about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.