Capturing Borderless Fullscreen Not Smooth

SAKRAYx

The issue I have on the moment is kinda strange whenever I use my Game Capture to play any Fullscreen game everything is fine all the settings in OBS are good stream is looking fine. However when I try to run Apex Legends in Borderless Fullscreen the whole game just feels way less smooth as if it's playing on 60hz instead of 144hz I do use an second monitor that's 60hz but the game isn't running on that screen once I go fullscreen it seems to be smooth again (I talk about the actually game not the stream stream is fine) but in Borderless Fullscreen it's becomes unsmooth again while my FPS/Performance stays the same.

Anyone know about this issue or what may be causing it? I really want to play Apex in Borderless Fullscreen but with OBS on it's just not optimal I feel like there is a thing im maybe missing for capture borderless games or something?

SAKRAYx

I found out if I have OBS or in particular the chat open on my 60hz monitor the game switches to 60hz however if I put my OBS/Chat on my main monitor the game plays in 144hz again very strange does anyone know why this happens and how can I get my chat on my 60hz without playing in 60hz?

I even tried using the dashboard in opera gx even with chat popped out only on my 2nd monitor but still it gives the problem

Harold

Don't have display capture sources in the same scene where you use game capture.
Always prefer using game capture.

SAKRAYx

Yea I only have 1 source for gameplay capture which is Game Capture the problem comes more from having obs+chat open in the 60hz monitor which messes up things besides that i only have a cam pretty much

Harold

Do you get the same behavior if the primary display is at 120hz instead of 144?

Also, post a current OBS log.

SAKRAYx

Does the link work like that or must I copy paste the whole log in here?
I don't suffer framedrops or anything but my game just turns 60hz I did alot of testing in this stream with chat on and off to maybe you can find something weird in here. Haven't tried 120hz no but ill try that tomorrow morning