Capturing audio from external audio interface

ilwoody

Hello,
I understand this could be a little to technical and focus on music, but I'll give it a try with you experts!

I'm using OBS with my external audio interface, the M-Audio M-Track 2x2 (see image attached). On channel one, I'm connecting my lavalier microphone, while on channel two my piano keyboard.

I would like to capture in OBS the two inputs separately, so that I can apply different volumes and filters.

However, when adding a new Audio Input Capture, if Iselect the audio interface I will have a single audio with both inputs together. So basically there is no differentiation.

This is something that it easy to do with a DAW, as Cubase, since I can add two separate mono tracks, one for the first input, one for the second.
Is there anything possible with OBS?

Thank you so much!

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 35

Jonakirche

Hello, I have a Presonus Studio 26 c, and I am connecting the "sanctuary-microfon" on channel one (which picks up the sound in the room, the organ for example), and I am connecting the audio-output of the soundsystem of the sanctuary (3 microfons going into one ampilfier and to the speakers) to channel two. So I had quite the same problem: I wanted to put filters on the second channel - compressor for the voice for example. - This is what I found: I installed the ASIO plugin. Then I put my audiointerface twice into OBS as ASIO source. When doing this the menu offers both channels, but I chose for one ASIO source channel one, and for the second ASIO source channel two. - So I can put different filters to both ASIO sources. - I hope this helps and your device is supported. https://github.com/Andersama/obs-asio

ilwoody

Hello, I have a Presonus Studio 26 c, and I am connecting the "sanctuary-microfon" on channel one (which picks up the sound in the room, the organ for example), and I am connecting the audio-output of the soundsystem of the sanctuary (3 microfons going into one ampilfier and to the speakers) to channel two. So I had quite the same problem: I wanted to put filters on the second channel - compressor for the voice for example. - This is what I found: I installed the ASIO plugin. Then I put my audiointerface twice into OBS as ASIO source. When doing this the menu offers both channels, but I chose for one ASIO source channel one, and for the second ASIO source channel two. - So I can put different filters to both ASIO sources. - I hope this helps and your device is supported. https://github.com/Andersama/obs-asio
Thank you so much! Can't wait to test it!

Jonakirche

Actually in the meantime - my presonus broke which I found out only after a lot of struggling and blaming the software - the ASIO plugin - . Then I had to use an interface which could take only one microphone. And so I found out: I can use this as Microfon/AUX-Audio several times - and add the filters I want to 1 and the others to 2 etc. I just have to activate the right Microfon/AUX-Audio. This would be very uncomfortable - switch to Scene 1 activate Microfon/AUX-Audio 1, switch to Scene 2 . deactivate Microvon/AUX-Audio 1, active Microfon/AUX-Audio2. -- But: I am using Elgato's Streamdeck, they have Audiomixer activate/disactivate Button. - I can build a Multi-action button which switches to the right scene and activates/disactivates the appropriate Audiomixer. - So I don't need the ASIO-Sources. I'll check this out this weekend.