Capture Device Footage Flickering

globbo

Hello. I wanted to record some footage from my Sega Master System, but when I got everything setup, the preview footage (as well as the actual footage) was flickering in & out. I am using a generic composite capture card since most old ones like Dazzle arent supported on Windows anymore. If i plug the yellow video cord directly into my capture device, it shows up fine on OBS! but as soon as i plug it back into my TV, it shows up flickering again :/
I've had similar issues, like the footage coming up with a black screen, but all i usually need to do is unplug and replug the yellow video cable back into the capture device, but that doesnt seem to be the solution for this.

Oh yeah, not as major, but I'm also having an issue where everytime i close OBS, it breaks all my video capture sources, still showing them in the list, but not actually displaying until i set up a new video device.

Thank you to anyone who took the time to read this!!

globbo

captured this footage as an example:
I don't really know why, but it likes some screens more than others. Certain menus and shops would, for some reason, stop the flickering? but the pause menu and overworld make the game go CRAZY, to the point to where the audio lags really far behind. and the game looks insanely dark too. it looks like it might be trying to brighten up at points, and then it flickers, making it dark all over again.

what is going on here???

(heres the log file for this OBS session too: https://obsproject.com/logs/Kpv0OdkAjNt9ONep)