I have a wide range of consoles. I don’t want to buy a large quantity of capture cards for all of the different formats. Is there a capture card that records from the TV instead of the console and use A/V cables? It would have to record sound and go as low as 160p. I don’t really care about live-streaming. I don’t think that exists because it would have to go from 160-1080p to be one unit, which sounds expensive. Does this exist?

Narcogen

You'll probably need at least two.

One modern device that can do 1080p60 over HDMI (if you have no need of any higher resolutions) and then at least one other capture device that supports component, composite connections (and possibly others like S/CART or S-video).

TV resolutions only go down to 480i/525i though, not 160, at least not if you're talking usual NTSC/PAL configurations. If you're talking capturing from handhelds it's my understanding that these are often specialized devices; I don't know much about them.

If you can live with just 720p, devices like a BlackMagic Intensity Shuttle supports HDMI, component, and composite inputs, but it doesn't go as high as 1080p60, and a lot of the newer devices only have HDMI in.