Question / Help Can't see media source in preview panel

Pegasus1

Why can I not see my media source (a video) in my preview panel, yet when I hit transition it sometimes plays in the Program panel, and sometimes I only get audio, with no video in the Program panel? This was sporadic before uploading the latest version of OBS, but now I can't get the video to play in the preview panel at all.

Pegasus1

I exited and restarted and it was showing, but I still don't know why.
And now it's gone from the preview panel again, but when I hit "transition", it plays in the Program panel. Shouldn't it always be visible in the Preview panel when that Scene is selected?

carlmmii

No, it will not be in the preview, because it is not actually active in your scene yet. Once you hit transition, that is when it will begin playback, since that is when it is viewable for the actual output.

Pegasus1

No, it will not be in the preview, because it is not actually active in your scene yet. Once you hit transition, that is when it will begin playback, since that is when it is viewable for the actual output.
But it has to be visible in the Preview in order to adjust the size and position. Sometimes it is / sometimes it isn't. "Why?" and "how can I control it?" Are my questions.

Drumboyww

1589791199442.png

turn restart playback when source becomes active off

John Watts

I have the same issue. There is no preview of the video I am about to play. Makes it a litytle difficult to monitor the next scene that is going to happen.

Same problem: 1 scene, two sources: 1 media clip, 1 integrated webcam . Transition does not function. Tried many permutations of close when inactive, restart playback. If I use the UP arrow and elevate the 2nd source to the first position, it plays in the Program screen, Same if I repeat. But changing the order cannot be good editing practice?