Question / Help Can't record audio on macbook pro

obsnoobie

From the tutorial here: obsproject.com/forum/resources/os-x-capture-audio-with-ishowu-audio-capture.505/
I downloaded IshowU audio and installed it. I went to open audio midi. i.imgur.com/D3WAyUN.png
Mine doesn't show built-in-output but macbook speakers instead.
I then went to system preferences for audio and selected multi output device i.imgur.com/ym7ShkV.png .
And finally i opened obs and went to settings - audio and selected built in microphone and ishowu audio capture.
i.imgur.com/t6cy8Xzr.png
Yet when i record a youtube chrome page and have the music playing, it doesn't record any music.
Another annoying downside is that when i select multi output device at system preferences audio, my touch screen won't work to regulate the volume even though that's a minor problem, since i can simply switch back and forth, depending on when i want to record.
Anyone has any ideas how to fix this?

Narcogen

When you say it doesn't record, do you mean that the Mixer pane of the OBS does not show any audio input (the audio meter does not move) or just that the resulting file does not have the audio in it?

You may want to check Edit > Advanced Audio Properties and see which audio devices are assigned to which track. If you're recording multi-track audio you have to manually select one track at a time in your video player in order to verify that they have been recorded.