Question / Help Can't install NDI Plugin pkg in Catalina

Tangential

When I try and install the NDI plugin package in Catalina I get the following error:
Screen Shot 2020-02-08 at 6.22.09 PM.png

Is there a work around for this? I was able to download the NewTek NDI package and install it and I renamed the obs-ndi-4.7.1-macos.pkg to obs-ndi-4.7.1-macos.xar and unpacked it. In it I found and obs-ndi_plugin.pkg but Catalina says it is damaged.

Screen Shot 2020-02-08 at 6.37.08 PM.png

Is there another way to extract the plugin?

Caleb Beller

When I try and install the NDI plugin package in Catalina I get the following error:
View attachment 51148

Is there a work around for this? I was able to download the NewTek NDI package and install it and I renamed the obs-ndi-4.7.1-macos.pkg to obs-ndi-4.7.1-macos.xar and unpacked it. In it I found and obs-ndi_plugin.pkg but Catalina says it is damaged.

View attachment 51153

Is there another way to extract the plugin?
Did you find a solution to this?

jblay

I am having a similar problem. Brand new to using OBS and NDI. But it's been pretty easy to get the hang of.
The NDI plug-in installs fine. However, the NDI plug-in does not appear in sources, nor under tools in the menu, as every tutorial has told me should be the case.
I have downloaded OBS onto my MacBook Pro and it works properly. I've downloaded both NDICam and OBS Camera on the iPhone App Store. Both appear to work and to be sending signals but nothing shows up in OBS.

Narcogen

NewTek updated NDI from 4.1 to 4.5 this week and removed the old versions. Some users are reporting crashes with the OBS NDI plugin when used with 4.5. If you haven't yet, don't upgrade. If you have the 4.1 distributive you might try removing 4.5 and downgrading to 4.1.

I'm having this exact issue, downloaded the installer package and ran it but it isn't appearing as a source or in the tools menu. Did you find a fix?

Narcogen

If you never had NDI before now, you probably have 4.5 and this likely means the plugin will need to be updated before it can work.

Tangential

It now works. If did a complete removal of the plugin and OBS and restarted from scratch. The latest NDI bits were in place on my Mac since early Feb so I didn’t mess with them