Can't Figure out Settings for record

SoSBlaze

https://obsproject.com/logs/zo_fdMsfnsenZFwg
1600925113791.png

I have an EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Super.
It is a single pc display and I would just like to get a smooth recording any tip would be useful.

FerretBomb

Open OBS, go into the Tools menu at the top, Auto-Configuration Wizard. Choose 'optimize for recording' when it asks.

Also make sure you run OBS as Administrator, and never ever record to MP4 directly. If you need multi-track audio, record to MKV and remux to MP4 later from the OBS File menu, Remux Recordings.

SoSBlaze

Open OBS, go into the Tools menu at the top, Auto-Configuration Wizard. Choose 'optimize for recording' when it asks.

Also make sure you run OBS as Administrator, and never ever record to MP4 directly. If you need multi-track audio, record to MKV and remux to MP4 later from the OBS File menu, Remux Recordings.
Thank you! I will try after I get home and let you know

SoSBlaze

Also, make sure you run OBS as Administrator, and never ever record to MP4 directly. If you need multi-track audio, record to MKV and remux to MP4 later from the OBS File menu, Remux Recordings.
I did everything you said and I still get frame drop and a glitchy recording.

FerretBomb

15:36:38.449: Output 'simple_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 140 (54.7%)
15:36:38.450: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 114/194 (58.8%)
Normally this indicates that your GPU is overloaded, and OBS can't complete its compositing tasks as a result.

15:34:25.549: output 0: pos={0, 0}, size={3840, 2160}, attached=true, refresh=60, name=4K60 Pro MK.2
15:34:27.459: - scene 'Screen':
15:34:27.459: - source: '4k60 Pro MK2' (dshow_input)
Are you gaming on this system, and capturing the video through your capture card for some reason? If so, why? You shouldn't do that. It causes significantly MORE system overhead than just using a Game or Window Capture... like driving across town and back to visit your neighbor.
You can also try running OBS as Administrator if that's the case, which should allow OBS to reserve some GPU time before the game can eat it all.

In any case, it would also be a good idea to download GPU-Z and make sure your GPU is running in x16 mode and hasn't been split to x8. If it has, you may need to force it to x16 in the BIOS, which also may mean having to move your capture card to another slot if it's in one that shares/splits lanes with the slot your GPU is plugged into.

SoSBlaze

Normally this indicates that your GPU is overloaded, and OBS can't complete its compositing tasks as a result.

Are you gaming on this system, and capturing the video through your capture card for some reason? If so, why? You shouldn't do that. It causes significantly MORE system overhead than just using a Game or Window Capture... like driving across town and back to visit your neighbor.
You can also try running OBS as Administrator if that's the case, which should allow OBS to reserve some GPU time before the game can eat it all.

In any case, it would also be a good idea to download GPU-Z and make sure your GPU is running in x16 mode and hasn't been split to x8. If it has, you may need to force it to x16 in the BIOS, which also may mean having to move your capture card to another slot if it's in one that shares/splits lanes with the slot your GPU is plugged into.
Man thank you so much. I did not know that I could just record using window capture. I also checked the GPU and it is running in x16. I just recorded and it looked amazing. So again thank you so much