Can't connect to fxmagician.live through WebSocket

endlessblink

Hope I am posting in the right place.
I keep OBS WebSocket seems not to be reachable no matter what I try.
I added an outgoing rule to the Firewall and made sure that the WebSocket server is enabled.
My version is 30.0.0

How can I make it work?

Thanks!

nbead

Good day endlessblink,
Hoping you found a solution to the problem but if not hope my experience would be helpful.

I was having a problem connecting to OBS Websocket too. I wanted use a smartphone (using one of the websocket-compatible third party apps from either Android or Apple app stores) to switch scenes in OBS on my Windows PC during livestreams. But, only rarely would the connection be successful between my PC and the smartphone apps.

Turns out the problem was the optional Windows feature Wireless Display (Wireless Display utilizes the WiFi Direct feature present in just about any modern wireless card, and smartphones as well) which I had enabled on my PC. I hope I'm not being too coarse here but WiFi Direct seems to be a glorified version of a hosted network (aka WiFi hotspot), and appears as another network connection on the PC with it's own IP address. Problem is that OBS websockets doesn't/can't differentiate between the WiFi Direct connection and other connections - whether those are wireless or wired, and displays the IP address of the WiFi Direct connection in the websocket interface and in the QR code.

So, what I have to do to successfully connect to OBS via websocket is either manually enter (on the smartphone) my PC's IP address of the network that all my devices are on (you can find that information in Task Manager, or at the command line with the command ipconfig, or in network connections in settings), while entering the same port and password, or temporarily disable the Wireless Display feature on your PC.
(Be aware that other wireless features like screen sharing or nearby sharing also use similar WiFi technologies)