Question / Help Canopus ADVC110 No Audio Output

Yohmegurt

https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/canopus-advc-110-not-relized-as-a-audio-device.6353/

This appears to be the only thread about the ADVC110, and it never really got much of an answer

Someone tried posting in it that they had the same kind of problem, was rudely dismissed, and told to make their own topic about it

So here I am today with the same problem, looking for help.

The Canopus ADVC110 will show up as a possible Video Capture Device when selected as a Source in your Scene. When selected, it streams video just fine. However, there's no audio output with the video. Under the Audio section in the Properties menu, the only option is for an Audio Input Device, and under that section, the only option is for my mic.

So how are you supposed to set up the Canopus for streaming on OBS?

Yohmegurt

Still nothing huh, it's been nearly 2 weeks now.

Alright then, I'm taking that as that there's no way to stream the audio from the Canopus ADVC110 using OBS

On a friend's suggestion, I'll give OBS Studio a try to see if it will work with the Canopus. I'll post about it here when I do, but it probably wont be for a while since currently my electronics are packed away.

Boildown

Not the only, and he was told to make a new thread because he bumped a two-year old thread. And you're not getting responses because no one has anything helpful to add.

In this thread Jim (who is the primary developer of OBS) responds:
https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/dv-capture-device-input-audio-issues.11598

It looks like a known problem (with the device or with OBS?) that was never fixed. As development in OBS Classic is all but over, you should indeed ask them if they can add support to OBS Studio. It won't be supported in OBS Classic.

Yohmegurt

I've been without my computer for about a month now (remodeling my room, quite slowly unfortunately), as well as my consoles. I'm really glad to finally see a response to this, thank you.

ill still try using OBS Studio to see if it will work on it, but if not then i'd definitely love to submit a request for it. I really love using OBS for just about everything it can do, I'd rather not use multiple programs if I can avoid it.

where exactly should I go to ask about adding features like that?