Question / Help DV Capture Device Input Audio Issues

JohnnyPhantom

Hi everyone,
I've been using XSplit for a while, but I'd really like to switch to OSB, the only thing that's stopping me is my Directors Cut Take 2 device isn't working (as far as I can tell) fully with OSB, hopefully I'm doing something wrong.

The DCT2 device takes a composite/S-video feed, and converts it to a firewire input for the PC, The PC then see's it as a DV camera. In XSplit this works perfectly.

However in OSB the video shows up great, but no audio. When I go to the Audio tab, I don't see the "DV" as a audio input, and only see mic and line-in as options, neither of which gives me sound. Is there something I can do to get this working? I'm currently at my workplace now, so all this info is coming from memory, but I should be able to get more details when I get home if anyone needs me to check anything.

thanks in advance!!

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
What about in the video capture device settings? There are audio settings in there...do you see what you need there?

JohnnyPhantom

yup, took a look and there's no options for audio from the DV device, all i have is line in, which is not audio from the DV device :(

Digitalman

Also had this problem.

Seem to work for my Decklink card (although there I had issues with audio sync). BTW Decklink WDM did not work

Would be nice is this could be fixed - added. Willing to help test if you need it, I do a lot of capture via Firewire and just discovered this program.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
DV capture devices still don't work yet -- tell me what device you're using, the brand/model. I'll buy it and try to get it working if I can.

Digitalman

I use several DV devices but the main one is a Canopus ADVC 100 (the 110 is the more current model). I also tried with an ADSTech Pyro. Finally tried with a couple of DV camcorders (JVC MiniDV, Sony Digital8). Video always works just no audio.

I should also mention I am running Windows 7 64bit and that I tried using both OSB 32 & 64 versions.

As for the Decklink I mentioned, I need to correct that to the Black Magic Intensity Pro PCIe card. Video and Audio work just an issue of Sync.

Digitalman

One more piece of information. I know DirectShow is not the best interface but if you want to look at some source code for DirectShow DV communications this program used to be a staple for video capture from DV http://windv.mourek.cz/

videopunks

Any word on ADVC 100 compatibility? I'm on a Mac, and it's not showing up in the source menu. . . I just had it working with Youtube's LiveStreaming horse-hockey, but i'd love to be streaming on Twitch instead.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-30 at 12.43.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-30 at 12.43.44 AM.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 165