Cannot select integrated camera on Facebook room.

aminox

Hi,
I installed obs yesterday and can't select my integrated camera in facebook anymore eventhough I see it in the camera list together with OBS virtual camera. If I select it and click save nothing happens. It just shows it's selected but the preview window shows OBS virtual camera again. See the screenshot. Does anyone have any ideas about why is that?
By the way, the OBS virtual camera works ok with facebook. The problem is with the integrated camera which worked fine before I installed OBS. Browser settings seem fine so I don't know if it is caused by OBS or by facebook. Laptop is a Lenovo IdeaPad 3 14ADA05.
Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-03 134634.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-03 134634.png
    89.2 KB · Views: 27

Lawrence_SoCal

I'm only guessing, and giving you something to try.. no idea if this is your issue or not
I've seen OBS 'grab' a resource and prevent other apps access to it (which can be a perfectly reasonable behavior)
So, if you start up OBS, and have an active source (that isn't closed when not in use) that is your webcam, and now other apps like your browser can't access the camera seems perfectly reasonable (may not be what you want to happen, but that is a different discussion).

So, I'd recommend trying to use your Integrated Camera when OBS is NOT running. Assuming that works, it makes no sense to me to run OBS and trying to let Facebook directly access the camera.. Facebook won't composit different sources (that is what OBS and simlar Apps do).
So I can't see a use case for why anyone would run OBS and have Facebook directly accessing the camera?

aminox

I'm only guessing, and giving you something to try.. no idea if this is your issue or not
I've seen OBS 'grab' a resource and prevent other apps access to it (which can be a perfectly reasonable behavior)
So, if you start up OBS, and have an active source (that isn't closed when not in use) that is your webcam, and now other apps like your browser can't access the camera seems perfectly reasonable (may not be what you want to happen, but that is a different discussion).

So, I'd recommend trying to use your Integrated Camera when OBS is NOT running. Assuming that works, it makes no sense to me to run OBS and trying to let Facebook directly access the camera.. Facebook won't composit different sources (that is what OBS and simlar Apps do).
So I can't see a use case for why anyone would run OBS and have Facebook directly accessing the camera?
Hi thanks for your input, I'll look into it later. Let me just add that I'm not running OBS at all when this happens! It is closed and no obvious process of it runs in the background. What's more weird is that google meet and zoom work fine with the integrated camera, it's only facebook that does this. Of course I could put the integrated camera as a source in a scene of the virtual camera and it works, but that's pointless of course. All I'm trying to do is talk to a friend through facebook, there's no need for OBS so it's closed.

Lawrence_SoCal

That sounds more like a Facebook setting
You may have set up Facebook to use a Stream Key (and configured that in OBS), and now Facebook is configured for one thing and you are doing something else?

aminox

No stream keys no nothing. I just installed obs and that's when the issue with facebook appeared. I didn't even run obs at all.