Question / Help Cannot install OBS on Windows 10 64-bit

Equit

Hi,

I've read the forums and searched for solutions, but no real solution has come out in any way.

The problem is I had OBS installed on W7 64-bit, then upgraded to W10 64-bit, no problems there.
Then i reinstalled W10 64-bit and there is no way I can get OBS installed.
It keeps popping up I need to install an update.
I've either tried the Studio as well as the normal version. No difference there.

The links to where the installers are directing me are:
OBS 0_657b_With_browser_Installer: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784
OBS Studio 0.13.1_With_browser_Installer: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

I have downloaded the vcredist_x64.exe, installed it, rebooted, still it is saying that i need to download.
I have checked dx versions, vc versions, everything, but the program just keeps nagging about the installation missing.
This is getting pretty annoying imho.

What do I need to do to get this program even installed?

Many thanks in advance,

Equit

Attachments

• obs_installation_1.PNG
    obs_installation_1.PNG
    21.2 KB · Views: 395
  • obs_installation_2_d3dx.PNG
    obs_installation_2_d3dx.PNG
    34 KB · Views: 346
  • obs_installation_3_d3dx.PNG
    obs_installation_3_d3dx.PNG
    30.3 KB · Views: 298

Harold

So you only installed the 64-bit version of the runtime even though the installer requires you to install the 64-bit AND 32-bit version.

Equit

ahh, ok? i download a 64-bit program, for a 64-bit system, and I only install 64-bit componments :D
No statements are being that you need to install a 32-bit version of the software anywhere.
But thx, I will try it out :)

Equit

ok, it worked, this is weird... Either make it full 64-bit and full 32-bit. Not both at the same time. it confused a lot.

EAS_1972

the default install folder being in "Program Files (x86)" should be a bit of a hint.

and what if it never gets that far to tell you where it is installing? If you've never installed it before, would you know it is going to Program Files (x86)? No you wouldn't.

And I installed both 32 and 64 it requested and it still fails. Any other ideas?