Cannot Connect To Twitch Servers

Winter550

For the past hour I have been trying to stream to Twitch, but no matter what I do OBS keeps saying it cannot connect. I have disconnected and reconnected my account, reset my stream key and manually input it, restarted OBS, restarted Steam (downloaded it from there), restarted my PC, and yet I still get the same error message. I have tried to bandwidth test mode and it connects through there but off of the test, nothing. I checked my twitch to see if it was banned but its fine. I have "automatic record when streaming" on but with it off it still doesn't connect.

Does anyone know if this is a fault on my end or the Twitch servers? I not seeing anything wrong with them.

shiraishiku

I do also seem to be having issues, i've been trying to go live both on Twitch and Youtube, but i simply can't. Getting "Could not access the specified channel or stream key" whenever i want to go live.

Angewinnn

I've been having the same issue here as well ! Tried everything the internet recommends for this situation but I have a slight suspicion that something is probably wrong with obs in general right now. As far as I remember there was a SE update recently so maybe it could also be that ? Though I doubt that it would interfere with Obs' ability to connect to a streaming server.
If I find another solution here I'll let everyone know but for now I think we might have to wait it out.

AiyumeKid

OH MY GOD I THOUGH I WAS THE ONLY ONE. I HAVE BEEN TOUBLE SHOOTING FOR HOURS TO FIND OUT ITS AN OBS ISSUE. They Need to respond to this ASAP this is ridiculous i thought deleting OBS and getting a fresh clean install would work and NOPE the same issue keeps happening Fuck OBS ima pay for stream labs.

AnthyRayne

I am having the same issue. Stream key is checked out, restarted my computer. Streamed just fine the other day. Everything is updated, OBS is current. It did crash on me when I shut it down to restart it, but since it has opened up fine. Everything looks fine- just can't connect to the servers. So it's either something with the obs servers, or twitch servers....idk.

FlamestrykeTV

For the past hour I have been trying to stream to Twitch, but no matter what I do OBS keeps saying it cannot connect. I have disconnected and reconnected my account, reset my stream key and manually input it, restarted OBS, restarted Steam (downloaded it from there), restarted my PC, and yet I still get the same error message. I have tried to bandwidth test mode and it connects through there but off of the test, nothing. I checked my twitch to see if it was banned but its fine. I have "automatic record when streaming" on but with it off it still doesn't connect.

Does anyone know if this is a fault on my end or the Twitch servers? I not seeing anything wrong with them.
I too have the same issues, I even tried via different servers, same issues as everyone else.

Purri

I wish I had come here before completly wiping all information of OBS from my computer.
I also tried everything reccomended. Unconnecting and re-connecting my twitch account, trying with just stream key, running as admin, restarting the computer, uninstalling base OBS information so i could keep my scenes. And when that didnt work, i deleted all files, reinstalled, and still couldnt get it to stream even a blank screen.

It will be a pain in the butt to get my scenes and audio back in order, but I'll be ok with that as long as the situation gets fixed soon XD

FlamestrykeTV

I wish I had come here before completly wiping all information of OBS from my computer.
I also tried everything reccomended. Unconnecting and re-connecting my twitch account, trying with just stream key, running as admin, restarting the computer, uninstalling base OBS information so i could keep my scenes. And when that didnt work, i deleted all files, reinstalled, and still couldnt get it to stream even a blank screen.

It will be a pain in the butt to get my scenes and audio back in order, but I'll be ok with that as long as the situation gets fixed soon XD
I would never wipe OBS before coming here to check. I re-installed to see if it would help but no joy. So right now were all in the same boat

Twitch has said this about their partial outage involving broadcasting to Twitch: 'We have identified an issue preventing people from broadcasting on Twitch. We're currently working to resolve this issue.'

Thank you to the first 3 people in this thread who allowed me to see this wasn't a problem with my settings. That led me to think it was OBS, but my friend who hasn't switched to OBS yet started having problems as well which led me to check if Twitch is down. This is rough for us, but it makes me feel better knowing that because Twitch will be losing a ton of money they'll be figuring this out as soon as they can.

Purri

I would never wipe OBS before coming here to check. I re-installed to see if it would help but no joy. So right now were all in the same boat
TBF, I've never used these forums before now. So they didnt cross my mind at all at first lmao
it wont be the first time ive done a rework of my OBS scenes lol I'm sure it wont be the last

drdeep_dj

Hey @Purri and others in here. Btw... Purri is VERY similar to my last name and I am freaking out that I came here and see someone with my namesake is literally writing the same issue! What in the work is going on? I had only a limited time to run my stream. I tried resetting, reinstalled OBS, linking multiple ways, different servers. Ran an OOkla test and have huge bandwidth available. Wife updated the streaming laptop to Windows 11 yesterday but that doesnt seem to be the issue. Hence I reinstalled OBS.

Purri

Hey @Purri and others in here. Btw... Purri is VERY similar to my last name and I am freaking out that I came here and see someone with my namesake is literally writing the same issue! What in the work is going on? I had only a limited time to run my stream. I tried resetting, reinstalled OBS, linking multiple ways, different servers. Ran an OOkla test and have huge bandwidth available. Wife updated the streaming laptop to Windows 11 yesterday but that doesnt seem to be the issue. Hence I reinstalled OBS.
lmfao. Purri is a nickname for my Final Fantasy 14 character.
Strangly enough, it is also very close to my last name.

But yea, I was actually trying to stream FF14 questing. And I didnt think it was a problem with OBS due to the fact that my boyfriend was still streaming on twitch and he uses OBS as well.
I would have thought that if there was a problem with OBS connecting with twitch, it would mess his stream up, but it seems fine. Why i didnt think to come here lol

Shyxap

same here

1661381128726.png

i even tried different networks and PCs
hope it's fixed soon