Cannot connect to Facebook Live

mfuller526

I've used FB Live a year with OBS. Last Sunday was fine. I've rechecked/reinstalled my persistent key and server info. My log file is attached. help appreciated.

Log file

Thanks!

Lawrence_SoCal

my $0.02
- unrelated, but good practice, would be to review your own OBS log yourself and notice all of the failed to load graphics images, and clean up your sources/layouts
- as for House of Worship Facebook livestreaming... I had a issue a couple of weeks ago... no idea why FB wouldn't let us connect. Hasn't happened since.. so I know that doesn't provide an "Easy" button answer... but, the pain (cost) of using a free service
- your OBS log shows what appears to be a rejection by Facebook... OBS seems to be fine

FYI
- good security practice is to NOT use a persistent stream key, and we don't. Personally, I find that to be a non-issue, as we use FB's /Live/Producer to monitor stream, so copying new key service takes only seconds. We also watch comments at /Live/Producer to act as 'Digital Usher' [it has been rare, usually unintentional inappropriate comments like posting someone's personal ph#]
- By Scheduling Live Stream, you get a URL that is viewing by the entire Internet (not just logged into FB users). This helps with Smart streaming devices (Roku, Apple TV, etc) being able to configure a single URL, and home users being able to connect to that same URL for every service
- note clearly stated FB rule (requirement) to start stream well before actual livestream scheduled start time)
- Oh, and FB's auto-start of Scheduled Livestream Event hasn't been working for us, even following the rules... worked fine for years, hasn't worked reliably for months now.. {joy}

No, as to what I did the weekend we were unable to connect
- After the service (which we recorded as we do all services and immediately uploaded), I created a new event and at some point, was prompted to "disconnect' from existing (already over) event. To which I clicked Yes. ??
I had created a new Key, etc... after lots of fiddling, (switching from scheduled to Go Live now, creating and deleting events, etc) OBS stream to our account started up. I wish I knew what changed, and whether one of our settings, or a simple FB glitch... I'll probably never now. But issue has not re-surfaced. And NOTHING changed with our OBS setup (other than stream key which we change for every service anyway)...

If you insist on using a Persistent Key, I'd still recommend changing it and updating OBS/your document to reflect update
And try streaming (there is a FB stream option to 'Test' stream where only FB account Admins can see stream .. enabling you to delete livestream/video once done)