CamRename

CamRename 0.3 - Change "-" into "_" before renaming cam

Steve-WR

Greetings!

This might help those that use more than one camera and have found they need to run through the CamRename process..

Most USB devices can't be uniquely identified (i.e. by serial number, etc) so it is not possible to assign the new name using CamRename to a specific device (I think I have that right?). I found that once UVC cameras are disconnected from your PC, you might have to go through the CamRename process the next time you use your system...

I have found, however that if you label each camera (makes life easier if you have a number of the same make / model) AND you use the same USB ports when you first used CamRename (CAM 1 > Port A, CAM 2 > Port B etc) , you do not have to go throught the rename process again.

This seems to work even if you have a camera connected via a USB hub.

I hope this helps...

Steve

falti

Greetings!

This might help those that use more than one camera and have found they need to run through the CamRename process..

Most USB devices can't be uniquely identified (i.e. by serial number, etc) so it is not possible to assign the new name using CamRename to a specific device (I think I have that right?). I found that once UVC cameras are disconnected from your PC, you might have to go through the CamRename process the next time you use your system...

I have found, however that if you label each camera (makes life easier if you have a number of the same make / model) AND you use the same USB ports when you first used CamRename (CAM 1 > Port A, CAM 2 > Port B etc) , you do not have to go throught the rename process again.

This seems to work even if you have a camera connected via a USB hub.

I hope this helps...

Steve
You got it all wrong.

Hello. I tried CamRename on my Mac Mini and when I run the erxecutable, is say Invalid Format.

I have repeatedly complained about my multiple SQ11s being confused with each other and a 9 identically named camera limit on OS 14. I tried loading up the program, and won't let me do it.

Got a Mac solution coming soon?

falti

Hello. I tried CamRename on my Mac Mini and when I run the erxecutable, is say Invalid Format.

I have repeatedly complained about my multiple SQ11s being confused with each other and a 9 identically named camera limit on OS 14. I tried loading up the program, and won't let me do it.

Got a Mac solution coming soon?
Sorry, CamRename is Windows only, and I have no idea about anything on a Mac.