Camera image: sometimes it shows, sometimes it doesn't

arunki

Hi, guys

Here is the log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/P5L2PfXzeCAbf0yK

I had to cancel my lives because i have a camera issue in my new notebook. The camera seems to be working fine in Zoom and in the windows app, but in OBS it is not stable. It takes a while to OBS to show the image and one never knows if the camera will work properly, so i am taking this weekend to resolve this issue and come back to my work on monday. I hope i can resolve it until then.

I open OBS with the only scene i have. The video configuration does not show an image. Then i start to change the options in the configuration panel, from 'any' to 'mpeg' or any other config, and then, suddenly, not predictally, the image appears and i record (i have not tried to stream yet, because of this issue).

Then i close OBS and when i reopen it the same happens all again and i have to open the video configuration and play randomly with the options until the image appears again. Sometimes it takes just one or two changes, but sometimes it can take longer making these changes until the image appears again.

I also uninstalled and reinstalled OBS as administrator. The same with virtual camera, which i installed to see if anything would go better with it.

Please, please help me.

arunki

Hi, guys

I found a solution.
I uninstalled the webcam in the device manager and also deleted the driver.
After refreshing i clicked to revert to the previous driver, which was from 2006.
This worked for me.The image is a little more palid, but most importantly the webcam is being recognized by all softwares: zoom and obs.