Camera freezing

nellore1n

I have an Olympus OMD EM-10 mark III that i connect to pc via a usb 3.0 video capture card. When i start my computer and open obs it looks like everything is working fine but as soon as i open the browser or discord video freezes and camera disappears from device list.
2024-01-09_155511.jpg

I tried to open my apps before launching obs and it kinda worked but after a some time I anyway got freeze. Tried many different ways to solve the problem: recconect camera, changing video capture device settings in obs, different usb ports, different camera modes, even uninstalling all of the devices that can be used as camera in obs, nothing helped. Also sometimes, even when the camera is working, it is not displayed in the scene and you have to create a new source or it may be that in one scene it is displayed correctly and in another it is not. Log file is attached.

Attachments

• 2024-01-09 15-37-13.txt
    230.1 KB · Views: 18

koala

From your log:
15:40:01.171: warning: Found EOI before any SOF, ignoring
15:40:01.171: fatal: No JPEG data found in image
15:40:01.171: Video Capture Device 2: Error decoding video
15:40:01.203: warning: Found EOI before any SOF, ignoring
15:40:01.203: fatal: No JPEG data found in image
This is an indication of USB communication issues between your capture device and your computer. Make sure you're actually using a USB 3.0 compatible USB jack on your computer (blue color) as well as a USB 3.0 compatible cable (plugs usually also somehow blue colored).

nellore1n

From your log:

This is an indication of USB communication issues between your capture device and your computer. Make sure you're actually using a USB 3.0 compatible USB jack on your computer (blue color) as well as a USB 3.0 compatible cable (plugs usually also somehow blue colored).
Capture device connected to usb 3.0 port. Maybe issue in mini HDMI to HDMI cable which i use to connect camera to capture device?