C920 camera not showing in preview

Vicore

Hello all,

This has been driving me crazy. I have not streamed/recorded video in a little over a year and was wanting to get back into it but have run into a problem. Everything is still working the way I left it but my camera. I know the camera is working since i can open it in Ghub/Teams/Zoom, so I have a feed, and OBS recognizes there is a camera (see attached photo), yet the preview is blank and wont load. If I put in the camera a tiny red box appears in the top left, as if u can make it bigger and move it, however you cant do anything with it. When I go into the camera privacy settings OBS doesnt show as an app, but its able to pick up theres a camera, so i dont know.

I have tried:
uninstalling ghub and other softwares that use the camera
uninstall obs and reinstall
check for updates in obs and the c920 camera
made sure the privacy settings should be working

Attachments

• problem.png
    problem.png
    500.2 KB · Views: 20

wsimpson

I am experiencing the exact same thing and have done the exact same steps. Removed absolutely everything and started over. Device works in other Windows apps but will not show up in OBS. Driving me crazy!

JohnPee

I'm not sure the logi_OBS_plugin_x64 is compatible with the version of OBS you are using. If not update and if an update is not available remove the plugin.

Also look at the issues raised in your logfile

Last edited: